Dismiss Pet is a hunter ability learned at level 10 that sends the hunter's pet away temporarily. It can be resummoned using .
- This can be used to save a pet from death. Don't wait for the last moment, as the cast time is rather long.
- It can be used to prevent pets from drawing aggro in certain areas, such as areas the hunter is sneaking through.
- Hunters used to learn this ability at level 10 by fulfilling the quest chain (now removed). The spell also used to reduce pet happiness, but this mechanic was also removed.
Past changes Edit
- Patch 6.0.2 (14-October-2014): Dismiss Pet now ignores line of sight.
- Patch 5.2.0 (5-Mar-2013): Dismiss pet now has a cast time of 3 seconds (was 2 seconds).
- Patch 4.1.0 (26-Apr-2011): Updated.