|Casting time||Instant cast|
Modified by Edit
- This ability is highly useful in escaping from melee range, not only in PvP, but also in PvE.
- One of the classically infamous Hunter spells, this can easily add additional mobs to a fight if an inexperienced hunter Disengages without being mindful of what is behind them.
- If Disengage is used at high places, using or other slow fall effects will extend the length of flight by incredible amount. If used against mobs, they will almost always de-aggro and reset.
- The leaping speed is presumably 184%, so the hunter will move faster than a 150% flying mount for a very short time.
Patch changes Edit
- Patch 5.4.0 (10-Sep-2013) Disengage now has a cooldown of 20 seconds (down from 25 seconds).
- Patch 3.1.2 (2009-05-19): Cooldown reduced by 5 seconds.
- Patch 3.1.0 (14-Apr-2009): Cooldown increased by 5 sec. This ability can no longer be used while riding any type of vehicle.
- Patch 3.0.3 (04-Nov-2008): Now fails if you're rooted and is no longer on the global cooldown. Cooldown reduced to 25 seconds and no longer requires a target, though the hunter has to be in combat.
- / Patch 3.0.2 (14-Oct-2008): This ability has been re-designed. Now leaps the Hunter backwards up to 13 yards. 30 second cooldown. Disengage now also only has one rank (rank 1).
Previously reduced threat against the target by a set amount.
- Patch 2.0.3 (09-Jan-2007): "Disengage" now reduces threat on the misdirected target and also consumes one charge of "Misdirection".
- Patch 1.2.0 (18-Dec-2004): Disengage will cause the Hunter's target to immediately check for a new target.