There are some minor side effects that could occur after using the Ripper which include:
- Getting set on fire
- Polymorphing into a kobold or an ogre
- Being replaced by your Evil Twin
Malfunction Effects: Low chance
- User is replaced by an Evil Twin for 2 hours.
- User is transported outside of Everlook a few dozen yards above ground. Pack a Parachute Cloak prior to discombobulation and transmission.
- User receives a DoT debuff that deals fire damage for 20 seconds.
Notes: Does not share a cooldown with Hearthstones, so somebody with this device can teleport to Everlook and immediately use their hearthstone to teleport somewhere else, if they wish. Whereas hearthstones require 30 mins to cool down, however, the Ripper requires four hours.
Patch notes Edit
- Patch 3.2.0 (04-Aug-2009): Transporter devices are no longer classified as trinkets and can be used directly from your inventory.
- Patch 1.5.0 (2005-06-07): Added.