Demoralizing shout is a warrior ability learned at level 56 for those with the Protection specialization. It reduces the damage done to warriors by all enemies within 10 yards for a short period of time.
Modified by Edit
- Demoralizing Shout will pull non-hostile monsters and will put you into PvP mode if it hits nearby hostile players while in your own territory, so be careful with it.
- Usually useful while tanking, as you want take less damage.
- Brings stealthed units out of stealth if it hits them.
- Obviously this skill should be used when fighting multiple mobs where its effects are multiplied. However it is even worth using against a single enemy, even one that is slightly inferior. The damage reduction is noticeable. For solo grinding on melee mobs, many warriors start off with a charge followed by demoralizing shout.
- Does not break crowd control.
- Cannot be used while silenced.
Patch changes Edit
- Patch 6.0.2 (14-October-2014): Demoralizing Shout now lasts 8 seconds (down from 10 seconds).
- Patch 4.3.0 (29-Nov-2011): Tooltip displays incorrect area range.
- Patch 4.0.3 (15-Nov-2010): Ranks removed and changed to reduce fixed percentage (10%) of damage.
- Patch 1.6.0 (12-Jul-2005): Tooltip updated to display area of effect (in yards).