|Cooldown||30 sec (GCD 1.5 sec)|
This spell is best used at the very end of a to maximize the opponent's Shatter-able and stationary time and minimize the risk of them trinketing the effect right away. It can be somewhat reliably used as an interrupt when coupled with (frost specialization).
- Patch 5.2.0 (5-Mar-2013): Deep Freeze now stuns the target for 5 seconds (was 4 seconds).
- Patch 5.1.0 (27-Nov-2012): The duration of Deep Freeze has been reduced to 4 seconds.
- Patch 4.2.0 (2011-06-28): Deep Freeze and Ring of Frost will cause diminishing returns on each other, in addition to the spells they normally share diminishing returns with.
- Patch 4.0.6 (8-Feb-2011): Deep Freeze damage done has been reduced by 20%.
- Patch 4.0.3a (2010-11-23): Deep Freeze: the cooldown on this ability is no longer reduced by Haste.
- Patch 3.3.0 (08-Dec-2009): This spell now deals a large amount of damage to targets permanently immune to stuns. In addition, when this ability deals damage it will no longer consume two charges of Fingers of Frost for those mages with the Shatter talent. Now deals frost damage to permanently stun immune targets, with 1469 to 1741 base damage and a spell power coefficient of approximately 7.5/3.5 or 214.3%.
- Patch 3.1.0 (14-Apr-2009): Floating combat text will now display when this ability is able to be used.
- Patch 3.0.3 (04-Nov-2008): Now consumes a charge of Fingers of Frost when used.
- / Patch 3.0.2 (14-Oct-2008): Added.