Death Coil is a beginning death knight spell that unleashes some of the death knight's Runic Power to damage any living target or heal a friendly undead target. While not specifically mentioned, Death Coil can be used to heal a death knight under the effects of (including yourself).
Modified by Edit
- Unholy specialization
Death Coil is an iconic Death Knight ability that was first used by the Death Knight unit in Warcraft II, and was subsequently used by Death Knights in Warcraft III, and the tabletop RPG. In World of Warcraft, a variation of Death Coil was given to the Warlock class.
- Death Coil is technically the reverse spell of the Holy Light ability of the Paladin class. Wherein the Holy Light heals friendly living units and damages the undead, Death Coil works the opposite; it damages living enemies and heals the undead.
- Death Coil only heals your friendly undead units. It does not work on enemy undead.
Patch changes Edit
- Patch 6.2.3 (17-Oct-2015): Damage has been increased by 10%.
- Patch 6.0.2 (14-October-2014): Death Coil now costs 30 Runic Power (down from 40 Runic Power), and has a 40 yard range for both hostiles and allies.
- Patch 5.0.4 (28-August-2012): Minor update.
- Patch 4.0.6 (8-Feb-2011): Death Coil damage has been reduced by roughly 10%.
- Patch 3.1.0 (14-Apr-2009): This spell will no longer sometimes cause the death knight to animate a swing twice.