|The subject of this article was removed from World of Warcraft after the Mists of Pandaria cleared.
- Deadly Poison
- Classes: Rogue
- Use: Coats a weapon with poison that lasts for 1 hour.
Each strike has a 30% chance of poisoning the enemy for X Nature damage over 12 sec. Stacks up to 5 times on a single target. Once stacked to 5 times, each application of Deadly Poison also causes the poison on the Rogue's other weapon to apply.
- 3 sec cast
- Crafted from my exotic mixture of plants, this poison will destroy you from within...
Deadly Poison is a poison that is bought by rogues who then apply it to their weapons. Every time the rogue hits with the weapon, there is a 30% (up to 50% with the Improved Poisons talent) chance of the victim being poisoned for 12 seconds. The poison will deal damage over time. It can stack up to 5 times on the same victim. Once stacked to 5 times, each application of Deadly Poison also causes the poison on the Rogue's other weapon to apply.
Because deadly poison deals damage over time, it prevents rogues afflicted with it from stealthing and prevents all players from bandaging for more than a second. However, its continuing damage causes many forms of crowd control to break. Deadly poison stacks up to 5 times, making it harder to remove with some spells.
Deadly Poison Ranks Edit
All ranks of Deadly Poison do an additional 0.12 * AP overall damage.
Deadly Poison is purchased from poison vendors.
- Vile Poisons increases the damage dealt by Deadly Poison by up to 20% and gives it up to an additional 30% chance to resist dispel effects.
- Improved Poisons increases the chance to apply Deadly Poison by up to 20%.
Tips and tactics Edit
- Used in the Rogue's finishing move Envenom.
- Worthy to note is that deadly poison on the target causes damage that breaks Rogue's gouge and blind, important tools for control.
- As of patch 3.3, when a target has reached the maximum number of applications the poison on the other weapon will be applied instead so it's not wasted.