Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|The subject of this article was removed from World of Warcraft in patch 3.1.0.
|Curse of Recklessness|
|Contagion, Grim Reach, Improved Drain Soul, Suppression|
Curse of Recklessness, or CoR for short, was a Warlock Curse that caused the target to ignore all fear effects and reduced their armor but increased their attack power.
Rank table Edit
Will replace any existing Curse on the same target from the same warlock.
A cursed NPC will not flee while afflicted with this curse.
Talent improvement Edit
Several talents affect all Affliction spells including this curse:
Suppression reduces the target's chance to resist.
Grim Reach increases the range to 33/36 yds.
Tips and tactics Edit
- This spell is/was useful for any humanoid that might run near death. Look for the "runs away in fear" emote around 20% health (most "Defias" mobs were notorious for running away at low health resulting in add pulls). The trick is to place CoR rank 1 (lower mana cost) just before then, leaving a more useful Curse on for the majority of the fight.
- Probably the most renowned use for Curse of Recklessness was during the Hunter only quest-line for acquiring . This epic quest series required Hunters to travel all across Azeroth fighting elite demons, was notoriously the most difficult of the four encounters. He had two active fear abilities that also did significant amounts of damage. The first fear was used on cooldown and unavoidable, while the other was only activated if the player challenging Solenor was too far away. This proved problematic because Solenor summoned beetle swarms that required area of effect abilities to clear. Some degree of kiting was required to work around ability cooldowns while dealing with the beetles, forcing the player to play into Solenor's second Fear ability. The trick was to set up a duel with a friendly Warlock beforehand and have that player cast a rank 1 Curse of Recklessness on you. The granted fear immunity was invaluable for the encounter and far outweighed the armor loss from the curse.
- In raid encounters you can increase melee DPS by 6-12% for a nominal increase in damage on the main tank. Use this Curse on any boss who does not use abilities modified by Attack Power (ie Mortal Strike or Enrage).
- Curse of Recklessness also nullifies Fear. This means that a Warlock can easily CC by casting fear on a mob, and then casting CoR just before it gets out of range. This allows time for a pet to take aggro or your party to finish it off. If the mob gets back to you before the original fear would have run out you can cast another curse, canceling CoR and the mob will start running again.
- This curse can also be useful against casters, as their attack power is not used.
Patch changes Edit
- Patch 3.1.0 (14-Apr-2009): Has been removed.
- Patch 1.7.0 (13-Sep-2005): Fixed a bug where Fear and Curse of Recklessness, when used together, would prevent targets from casting spells.