Quest chain Edit
Bridenbrad is named for Bradford C. Bridenbecker, the brother of Robert Bridenbecker, Blizzard's Vice President of Online Technologies. He was the city manager of La Habra, California, not far from Blizzard's offices in Irvine, from 2002 until his death from cancer in 2007. He was also an avid player of World of Warcraft. In the Wrath of the Lich King manual, he is listed under "Special Thanks" as "Bradford C. Bridenbecker R.I.P. 6.18.2007".
Robert Bridenbecker revealed in the World of Warcraft 5th anniversary interviews that shortly after his brother's death, he sent an e-mail to Blizzard to request a character be created in his honor. Chris Metzen, who had attended Brad Bridenbecker's funeral, heard of this and offered one of two ways: To add him as part of the main storyline for World of Warcraft: Wrath of the Lich King, or to give him his own epic quest chain. Under the direction of Metzen and Alex Afrasiabi, the Bridenbrad quest chain was created in tribute to Brad Bridenbecker's battle against his illness.
- ^ http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1064836/
- ^ Doug Mitchell 2007-06-18. Final Moments of Clarity. Retrieved on February 21, 2008.
- ^ Press Release 6/19/07 - City Manager Brad C. Bridenbecker (9/16/71 to 6/18/07) (2007-06-19). Retrieved on February 21, 2008.
- ^ http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/wowanniversary/video/?v=Rob_Bridenbecker_Q2#video
- ^ http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/wowanniversary/video/?v=Chris_Metzen_Q2#video