Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This item spawns a Crashin' Thrashin' Racer which you can drive around and crash in other Crashin' Thrashin' Racers. The Crashin' Thrashin' Racer looks like a Goblin Rocket on wheels. It works similar to the tanks from Darkmoon faire. The Controller has no charges and can be used over and over, nor does it ever expire nor require snowballs. The Racer does expire, and must be periodically re-spawned even if it is not crashed.
- You can drive your Crashin' Thrashin' Racer with the mouse or from the same keys you move your character.
- The only way to back up is the s key.
- You can also jump the Crashin' Thrashin' Racer with the space bar.
- The 1 key is your combat key;
- it makes your car charge forward, and
- it crashes another Crashin' Thrashin' Racer if there is one in its path.
- If you didn't loot your robot pet from the gift box in 2007, it is now replaced with this Crashin' Thrashin' Racer Controller which is the new present in 2008. You will have two Crashin' Thrashin' Racer Controllers (assuming you pick up the 2008 gift) but no ability to get the robot. A second controller is useless, you can only spawn one Racer at a time.
A commenter on WoWHead claims that a Blizzard GM told him that this gift slot would change yearly, and that the Racer is only available in 2008. (see external links section)
- Patch 3.3.3 introduced , a recolored copy of this racer, including its functions. Blue racers can crash into the original ones, and the other way around.
- WARNING! Be careful when using your toy around bosses! It WILL aggro the boss!
- Feat of Strength - Proud owner of the 2008 Vintage Winter Veil gift, the Crashin' Thrashin' Racer.
- - Gain 25 crashes with your Crashin' Thrashin' Racer during the Feast of Winter Veil.
- These crashes do not have to be all at once. They accumulate as you re-spawn your Racer.
- You can only do this achievement during the Feast of Winter Veil. However, the year does not matter, so it can be completed during any iteration of the event.
Patch 2.4.3 (2008-07-15): Added.