Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|Cooldown||(GCD 1.5 sec)|
Modified by Edit
- Affliction abilities
- Demonology abilities
Corruption is a simple damage over time spell which places a magic debuff on the target, causing shadow damage. As with most DoTs, once cast it inflicts damage upon its victim every two seconds, and continues until either the effect wears off, or the target dies. This spell cannot generate critical hits.
Corruption can be cast with your target behind you, and since it is instant cast it can also be cast while running. As such, this ability is excellent for kiting enemies. Since walking backward is much slower than running forward or strafe-running, it is always best to do one of the latter two things while attempting to kite something.
Patch changes Edit
- Patch 6.2.2 (1-Sep-2015): Mind Spike now deals 10% more damage. In PvP combat, Mind Spike now deals 10% less damage.
- Patch 6.2.0 (23-Jun-2015): Corruption now deals 12% more damage.
- Patch 5.4.0 (10-Sep-2013) Corruption's damage has been increased by 10%.
- Patch 3.0.8 (2009-01-20): Corruption will now gain the correct damage modifiers for the creature type of the target.
- / Patch 3.0.2 (14-Oct-2008): Now instant-cast.
- Patch 2.0.3 (09-Jan-2007): The bonus that the spells "Corruption" and "Curse of Agony" receive from bonus spell damage effects has been decreased by approximately 10%.
- Patch 1.8.0 (10-Oct-2005): Duration reduced and damage per tick increased. Total damage over duration approximately identical.