|Cooldown|| 12 sec cooldown|
9 sec (GCD 1.5 sec)
|Level required||15, 14|
|Requirements||Requires Paladin (Retribution, Holy, Protection)|
Requires level 15
Consecration is a paladin ability learned at level 14 for Protection and Holy Paladins and can be learned as a talent for Retribution Paladins. It temporarily infuses the ground with holy power, damaging all hostile creatures who tread upon it.
Modified by Edit
Patch changes Edit
- Patch 7.0.3 (19-Jul-2016): Now a baseline ability for Holy and Protection Paladins and a talent for Retribution Paladins.
- Patch 5.2.0 (5-Mar-2013): The base damage of Consecration has been increased by 789%, and it now scales less efficiently with attack power by approximately 11%.
- / Patch 3.0.2 (14-Oct-2008): Now scales with attack power and spell power.
- Patch 2.2.0 (25-Sep-2007): Now properly hits large creatures.
- Patch 2.1.0 (22-May-2007): Corrected a tooltip typo. Low ranks of this ability being cast by high-level players are now being properly penalized.
- Patch 1.10.0 (28-Mar-2006):
- Fixed problem where occasionally repeated casts of Consecration will not deal damage.
- The charges from the will now be consumed by melee and ranged abilities and spells which do non-physical damage. This includes: Hammer of Wrath, Judgement of Righteousness, Seal of Command, Judgement of Command, Volley, and Arcane Shot. The trinket will also now burn charges from each casting of a damage over time spell, heal over time spell, and area aura spells such as Blizzard and Consecration. Only one charge will be burned per area spell cast, rather than multiple charges per target hit as was previously the case.
- Patch 1.9.0 (03-Jan-2006): No longer displays a debuff icon on targets in the area of effect.
- Patch 1.7.0 (13-Sep-2005):
- Fixed a bug where area of effect periodic damage spells were being resisted more frequently than they should have been when casting lower level ranks of the spell (affected spells were Blizzard, Consecration, Explosive Trap, Flamestrike, Hurricane, Rain of Fire and Volley).
- Consecration and other similar spells can no longer be used by non-PvP flagged players to damage PvP flagged enemies.
- Patch 1.6.0 (12-Jul-2005): No longer resets weapon timer when cast.