Concussive Shot is a hunter ability learned at level eight. It dazes the target, slowing movement speed to 50% of normal for 6 seconds. Useful to slow down a mob or enemy player that comes towards you or runs away from you.
- This shot can be used anytime a mob needs to be slowed down for any reason.
- An excellent place to use it is when a mob tries to flee. As soon as it starts to flee, hit it with Concussive Shot, and it will run away much more slowly. This will give you time to kill it before it gets out of range or aggroes additional mobs.
- If ambushed by another player, this can assist in your escape. Use Concussive Shot to slow down your pursuer initially. While you are fleeing, jump and turn 90 degrees in midair (use your mouse) to fire off Concussive Shot again, then turn 90 degrees back before you land. This will allow you to continue running while firing at the pursuing player.
- The 5 second cooldown for this ability is shorter than the effect. However, in PvP, some other classes have inherent mitigations for such effects, so don't always count on a 6-second duration.
- Patch 5.0.4 (28-August-2012): Minor update.
- Patch 4.0.6 (8-Feb-2011): Concussive Shot duration has been increased to 6 seconds, up from 4.
- / Patch 4.0.1 (12-Oct-2010): Skill costs are now 3 70.
- Patch 2.4.3 (2008-07-15): Concussive shot will now properly have a chance to proc Bow of Searing Arrows.
- Patch 1.7.0 (13-Sep-2005): The tooltips for quick Hunter shots have been updated to show them as instant abilities.
- Patch 1.5.0 (2005-06-07): Special ability shots no longer add the ranged weapon speed or take into account ranged weapon haste when determining the actual cooldown. The tooltip and cooldown timers should now properly reflect the actual cooldown.