Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Class Proficiencies Edit
With the release of the Cataclysm. All classes no longer have to go to weapon masters to get weapon skills. Hunters, Paladins, Shamans, and Warriors no longer have to go to class trainers for level 40 Armor proficiency upgrade.
Weapon categories Edit
- Ranged: Bows, Crossbows, Guns, Thrown
- Melee: Axes (1H/2H), Swords (1H/2H), Maces (1H/2H), Polearms (2H), Staves (2H), Daggers (1H), Fist weapons (1H)
- Other ranged: Wands
Non-weapon categories Edit
Weapon proficiencies by class Edit
- Death Knight - Axes, Swords, Maces, Polearms
- Demon Hunter - Warglaives, Daggers, Fist Weapons, One-Handed Axes, One-Handed Swords
- Druid - Maces, Polearms, Staves, Daggers, Fist
- Hunter - Axes, Swords, Polearms, Staves, Daggers, Fist, Bows, Crossbows, Guns
- Mage - One-Handed Swords, Staves, Daggers, Wands
- Monk - One-Handed Axes, One-Handed Swords, One-Handed Maces, Polearms, Staves, Fist
- Paladin - Axes, Swords, Maces, Polearms
- Priest - One-Handed Maces, Staves, Daggers, Wands
- Rogue - One-Handed Axes, One-Handed Swords, One-Handed Maces, Daggers, Fist, Bows, Crossbows, Guns, Thrown (Rogues can't actually use Bows, Crossbows, or guns, but they can equip them.)
- Shaman - Axes, Maces, Staves, Daggers, Fist
- Warlock - One-Handed Swords, Staves, Daggers, Wands
- Warrior - Axes, Swords, Maces, Polearms, Staves, Daggers, Fist, Bows, Crossbows, Guns, Thrown
Armor categories Edit
- Cloaks - All classes can use cloaks.
- Cloth - All classes can wear cloth. Never has Agility or Strength bonuses, only one with Spell penetration bonuses.
- Leather - Rarely has Strength bonuses.
- Mail - Rarely has Parry rating bonuses.
- Plate - Generally has the most Armor.
- Shield - Only Paladins, Shamans, and Warriors can use.
Armor proficiencies by class Edit
- Death Knight - Plate (Cloth, Leather, Mail)
- Demon Hunter - Leather (Cloth)
- Druid - Leather (Cloth)
- Hunter - Mail (Cloth, Leather)
- Mage - Cloth
- Monk - Leather (Cloth)
- Paladin - Plate (Cloth, Leather, Mail), Shield
- Priest - Cloth
- Rogue - Leather (Cloth)
- Shaman - Mail (Cloth, Leather), Shield
- Warlock - Cloth
- Warrior - Plate (Cloth, Leather, Mail), Shield
- Suboptimal armor types listed in parentheses ().
Pre- Legion pre-patch Edit
Before Patch 7.0.3, some classes would only have access to a less protective armor type until they reached a certain level (usually level 40) and then they could wear their final armor type.
Here are the classes and the armor types they could use:
- Hunter and Shaman start with Leather → at they can equip Mail
- Paladin and Warrior start with Mail → at they can equip Plate