|The subject of this article was removed from World of Warcraft in patch 3.0.2.
- "You have been judged unworthy. May the Light have pity upon your blackened soul." —Boris Brightbeard
Rank table Edit
- This ability was added to replace Fear Ward as the racial priest spell for dwarven and draenei priest.
- Chastise was a Holy spell, rendering it unusable by priests in Shadowform.
- Some players reported that the damage caused by Chastise appeared to scale with spell damage.
- Also, players reported that Chastise didn't share the global cooldown; this characteristic made it ideal for use in multiple-action macros.
|Holy Word: Chastise|
In cataclysm Chastise will return for all priests as the signature spell for a holy priest and will be renamed "Holy Word: Chastise". It will deal damage to the target and disorient them for 3 seconds.
It should be noted that in cataclysm ranks have been removed on all spells and as a result spell damage will scale according to your current level in addition to all other ordinary factors such as spell power.
Found on tier 5 of the holy tree is the talent known as Revelations. This talent morphs your Holy Word: Chastise spell into a new spell based on your current Chakra state. This talent allows the holy priest to slip between roles as necessary.
|Holy Word: Serenity||Holy Word: Aspire||Holy Word: Sanctuary|
|Corresponding Chakra State:||Chakra: Heal||Chakra: Renew||Chakra: Prayer of Healing|
|Base Mana Cost:||8%||10%||44%|
|Cast Time:||Instant||Instant||0.5 seconds|
|Cooldown:||20 seconds||15 seconds||10 seconds|
|Range:||40 yards||40 yards||30 yards|
|Definition:||Instantly heals the target for X to Y, and increases the critical effect chance of your healing spells on the target by 25% for 6 sec.||Instantly heals the target for X and another Y over 18 sec.||Blesses the ground with Divine light, healing all within it for X to Y every 2 for 15 sec. Only one Sanctuary can be active at any one time.|
|At level 85:||X = 5198 & Y = 6100||X = 2363 & Y = 4470||X = 299 & Y = 355|
Patch changes Edit
- / Patch 4.0.1 (12-Oct-2010): Chastise has been redesigned and made available to all priests.
- / Patch 3.0.2 (14-Oct-2008): Chastise has been removed from the game.
- Patch 2.4.0 (25-Mar-2008): The disorientation effect has been replaced with a root effect, the cooldown has been removed and it gained benefits from Inner Fire.
- Patch 2.3.0 (13-Nov-2007): Added.