|This article or section contains information that is out-of-date.
Character Info frame (sometimes called "character sheet") displays information about the player's character. A window that by default shows the character's name (with title), level, class, guild (if a member), equipped items, and paper doll rendering. The character info window is usually accessed via the default "C" key binding. Since Patch 4.0.1, attributes, combat stats, resistances, and other info is viewable in a slide-out Stats panel accessible via a button at the lower right of character window. In addition, an Equipment Manager feature was added to manage equipped items via a separate, but attached window that is accessible via a button to the upper right of the character window. Lastly, you can see reputation levels and currency counts via the Reputation tab and Currency tab.
In addition to the character info, the window also gives access to other info panes via the following tabs and buttons:
|Tab name||Displays information||Hotkey *|
|Character||Character information, paper doll, slots, resistances, and stats frame.||C|
|Pets||Combat pet (Hunter and Warlock only), mount, and companion (non-combat small pet) information||Shift-P|
|Reputation||Shows reputation points and level within encountered factions.||U|
|Currency||Shows counts of various currencies and and tokens including Honor points and Arena points information.|
|* English WoW default.|
|Equipment Manager||UI for managing equipped item sets.|
|Stats panel||Right slide-out panel that shows many character stats.|
Located at the extreme top-right of the window, this button () closes the window. It basically follows the MS Windows UI convention, since on the Mac OS the equivalent UI button is at the top-left (red marble in OS X).
Model Rotate Buttons
Just to the top-left of the 3D character preview figure, these buttons rotate the preview counter-clockwise and clockwise.
The character tab (default tab selected when window opened) contains the following areas:
- Character's portrait (upper left corner) and model (upper insert).
- Character's Name, Level, Race, Class, Guild, Title information (upper center).
- Equipment Manager button (upper right).
- Paper doll 3D representation of the character with currently equipped items
- Equipment slots around the paper doll. Hovering over the item icons allows you to view the items' stats.
- Stats panel button (►) (lower right).
Besides the basic character info, paper doll, slots and resistances, the character info window has a slide-out Stats panel with a large set of character stats:
- General: Health, Mana/Energy/Rage/etc., Mastery
- Attributes: Strength, Agility, Stamina, Intellect, Spirit, Armor
- Melee: Damage, DPS, Attack Power, Speed, Haste, Hit chance, Crit Chance, Expertise
- Ranged: Damage, DPS, Attack Power, Speed, Hit chance, Crit Chance
- Spell: Spell powerHaste, , Hit chance, Penetration, Mana Regen, Combat Regen, Crit Chance
- Defenses: Armor, Defense, Dodge, Parry, Block, Resilience
- Resistances, responsible for mitigating magic damage taken.
- / Patch 4.0.1 (12-Oct-2010): Undocumented Character info window completely redone for the most part. Stats are now part of a slide-out panel and a Equipment Manager added as an attached window. Companions and mounts tabs moved to spellbook. Currency tab retained.
- / Patch 3.0.2 (14-Oct-2008): Undocumented Pets tab expanded to include companions (non-combat pets) and mounts; Currency tab added.