Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|Cooldown||(GCD 1.5 sec)|
Chaos Bolt is a warlock ability learned at level 10 for those with the Destruction specialization. It is one of the hardest hitting spells in the warlock's arsenal, best used as an opener and also in conjunction with .
Modified by Edit
- Destruction abilities
- Before patch 3.1.3, Chaos Bolt was one of the most mana-efficient spells in the warlock's arsenal, along with Soul Fire. It truly shone in PvP because of its short cast time and the fact that it even ignored damage reduction effects like Pain Suppression.
Resilience myth Edit
Contrary to what was once popular belief, Ghostcrawler said that the developers could not find anything that affected resilience and Chaos Bolt has never bypassed it.
Patch changes Edit
- Patch 5.4.0 (10-Sep-2013) Chaos Bolt's damage has been increased by 15%.
- Patch 3.1.3 (2009-06-02): This spell no longer ignores damage reduction effects of the target.
- Patch 3.1.0 (14-Apr-2009): Damage increased approximately 15%.
- / Patch 3.0.2 (14-Oct-2008): Chaos Bolt now does Fire damage instead of Chaos damage.