Modified by Edit
- Restoration abilities
Chain Heal is a 'smart' heal and always jumps to the eligible target with the largest health deficit in range. The bounce radius is 12.5 yards. Since the targets are linked into a chain, targets must be within range of each other, in order of "bounce". The chain cannot jump back to heal the same target more than once.
Chain Heal has a separate chance to crit on each target.
Patch changes Edit
- Patch 6.2.0 (23-Jun-2015): Chain Heal now heals for 25% more.
- Patch 6.0.2 (14-October-2014): Chain Heal is now available only to Restoration Shaman.; Chain Heal now heals each chain target for 10% less than the previous target.
- Patch 5.4.0 (10-Sep-2013) Chain Heal's effectiveness will no longer decrease with each jump (up from a 30% reduction to healing with each jump).
- Patch 4.2.0 (2011-06-28): All healing critical strikes now heal for 2 times a normal heal (+100%), up from 1.5 times a normal heal (+50%).
- Patch 4.0.6 (8-Feb-2011): Chain Heal’s effectiveness has been increased by approximately 10%.
- Patch 3.2.0 (04-Aug-2009): Jump distance increased by 25% to 12.5 yards. In addition, the amount of healing now decreases by 40% as it jumps to each new target, instead of 50%.
- Patch 3.0.8 (2009-01-20): This spell will now give an invalid target error message if the primary target is a totem.
- / Patch 3.0.2 (14-Oct-2008): Spell graphics changed to look more nature-like and less holy.
- Patch 2.3.0 (13-Nov-2007): The tooltips on ranks 1-3 have been adjusted.
- Patch 1.6.0 (12-Jul-2005): Chain spells cast on PvP targets by an unflagged Shaman will now properly bounce to other PvP targets.