Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
What to do with old news Edit
I noticed you marked an old news item for deletion and then realized it was old news, so reverted your change. Does old news bother you? Should we put "[ Old News ]" or something at the top? --Fandyllic 6:46 PM PDT 13 Apr 2006
- It's just that the pages look relatively disconnected from the rest of the wiki -- nothing except for the category links to them, there's no internal navigation (previous news item / next news item), and some of them lose relevance over time (like the realm transfers). Some of the news items lose relevance over time. If we continue adding the short pages to Category:News, it'll eventually become a Category:News Archive, as the number of "new" news will be comparatively small.
- Probably the best way to go is to create a page for every month and add the relevant news to that page. Things like realm transfer notices, patch releases, sneak peaks involving future content, and notable forum posts would look better together, and it'd provide a coherent history-book type of content. -- Starlightblunder 08:40, 14 April 2006 (EDT)
- Sounds like a good idea, but alot of time. I'll put this discussion in Category talk:News and maybe someone will pick up on it and start working on it. --Fandyllic 11:28 AM PDT 14 Apr 2006
If we continue to put news articles into the main wiki namespace, we are going to have problems. For example, The Burning Crusade: Caverns of Time. How exactly is anyone supposed to know that's not the main article? My suggestions are to add a news template, move the articles elsewhere, or stop archiving them. To be perfectly honest, I'm not sure of the use of keeping them in the first place :/ -- Kirkburn (talk) 10:32, 3 September 2006 (EDT)
- I notice that a lot of what's been archived is stuff that's stored on the WoW community site, and hence, not needed for our own wiki operation. I say we only archive the really WoW-changing news from the site, and continue to archive relevent articles in other news media (links to TV reports, newspaper/magazine articles, etc). The key, of course, is that we only archive the most major news from Blizzard themselves.--Ragestorm 20:16, 3 September 2006 (EDT)
Old news cleaning! Edit
Can I suggest a cleanup of the old news, removing all the incidental and inconsequential news items ... like "3 new screenshots"! Really not something we need to archive, especially when Blizz already do such archiving. -- (talk) 14:46, 29 December 2006 (EST)
- Fine with me... The replication of news from the official site was mostly for back when they couldn't handle downtime days and they're site was frequently down. -- (talk) 3:45 PM PST 29 Dec 2006
- You did a good job too, I must say :) -- (talk) 20:11, 29 December 2006 (EST)