|This article is within the scope of the WoWWiki Zone category project
The zone category project is an effort to maintain and improve zone category and subcategory organization
Why do we have so many character articles in this category? It doesn't seem to make sense, quite honestly. What might be a good effective reform? Schmidt 01:39, 17 Nov 2005 (EST)
- Yeah, technically everyone in the saga except Mephistroth, Akama and Magtheridon came from Azeroth or had something to do with Azeroth, even the Titans, Kil'Jaeden and Sargeras! wouldn't it be better to link to the lore, area and zone pages and then link to characters?
- Well, it's kind of tricky. We don't really want Category:Lore a subcategory of World:Azeroth, because that doesn't quite make sense, because as you said not all characters are from Azeroth. Futher, not all of these characters appear ingame, so they don't really belong to World:Azeroth either, or else maybe I'm interpreting it a little differently.
- In any case, as I see it, each NPC in-game should be under their zone's category (Category:Desolace or what-have-you), perhaps any sub-category, but no higher category (Category:Kalimdor or anything like that). Does that make sense?
- And if this is agreeable, it may be desirable to – while we're at it – change the zone names, if there is a concensus to do so. (I'm not opinionated on the matter, but I think I've seen that someone is.) We should agree on something before that, though. Schmidt 01:17, 30 Nov 2005 (EST)
What's the point of having articles in this category anyway? Edit
With the exception of a very few articles (relating to Azeroth as a world), I really don't see the point of having random locations and NPCs in this category. How about we just get them out of here? --Mikk 10:48, 29 June 2006 (EDT)
- Come to think of it, I could just cite Category policy and yank them at some point :P --Mikk 12:07, 30 June 2006 (EDT)
- Nice job cleaning up this category, Varghedin. It's usable now!--Aeleas 12:58, 19 August 2006 (EDT)