- See also: Temple of Ahn'Qiraj NPCs
When the Qiraji started their first invasion of Kalimdor, Anachronos agreed to enlist the bronze dragonflight against the marauding Qiraji with the night elves. Even with the might of the dragons backing them, however, the sheer numbers of the Qiraji and silithid proved overwhelming. And so Anachronos called upon the progeny of the remaining flights, including Caelestrasz of the red dragonflight
Caelestrasz, along with Arygos and Merithra, pushed the Qiraji back into Ahn'Qiraj to allow Anachronos, Fandral Staghelm, and the night elves to create a magical barrier to hold in the Qiraji. The three dragons and their companions flew headlong into the Qiraji legions, into the city where they hoped their sacrifice would not be in vain. Though the magical barrier was created, the three dragons were lost within the walls, where they remained, in humanoid form, as prisoners of the Old God C'thun.
Cataclysm EditThis section concerns content exclusive to Cataclysm.
Caelestrasz, in his night elf guise Calen, reappears in Cataclysm outside Grim Batol with Alexstrasza. He is a quest giver at the Vermillion Redoubt. When Alexstrasza is drained from her fight with above Grim Batol, Calen bravely distracts the Aspect of Death against his mother's wishes, allowing her to escape.
Calen also appears in his night elf guise during the Sinestra encounter, the heroic only final boss of The Bastion of Twilight. In this fight, he does battle with Sinestra, only to lose his life in the process. Upon dying, he grants the raid a 3 minute buff, granting 100% additional haste.
- Temple of Ahn'Qiraj
- Vermillion Redoubt, Twilight Highlands
- Grim Batol, Twilight Highlands
- Even if you somehow manage to free us without defeating C'Thun, we would focus all our powers to see the beast banished back to the hell from whence it came - AT ANY COST.
- Do not forget the sacrifices made on this day <race>. We have all suffered immensely at the hands of these beasts.
- Alextrasza grant me the resolve to drive our enemies back!
Patches and hotfixesEdit