Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Switches between 3d engines. Accepts d3d9, d3d11, gll or opengl as parameters.
- DirectX 9.0c Memory management system 2.0
- Not recommended for Windows users except for testing purposes as it can cause WoW to crash itself
- New DirectX11 compatibility - only works with Vista (All updates required)/Windows 7, and DX10/DX11 graphics cards
- Rewrite of OpenGL, allowing for more graphics card usage, resulting in higher fps.
- Recommended for most users
Patch changes Edit
/ Patch 4.0.1 (12-Oct-2010):
- DirectX11 compatibility mode added - "d3d11"
- DirectX 9.0c functionality replaced with DirectX 9.0c Memory management system 2.0 (previously d3d9ex)
- New backend for Windows users added to the game engine. To enable, change this CVar to "d3d9ex".
- This CVar now defaults to "d3d9" from "direct3d" for Windows users.
- Mac users default changed to "GLL" from "OpenGL".
Patch 3.2.0 (04-Aug-2009): New backend for Mac users to increase fps/better GPU usage as an alternate to "OpenGL" introduced. To enable, change this CVar to "GLL".