Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Be warned, setting the shadow quality too high for your PC will bring it to its knees - work from a low setting and raise it. Edit
This setting controls the Dynamic Shadows in-game .
Current Issues with MacsEdit
Currently, shadows don't work fully in OpenGL. Using a d3d -> OpenGL interface will result in incorrect transparency within models. Using a shadow setting higher than "4" may result into a blank screen in raw OpenGL mode.
- Off. This leaves the 'blob' type shadow only. If off, shadowLOD is activated.
- On for characters (Players, NPCs, mounts, etc) only.
- On for Environment & characters, low-res, med-distance.
- On for Environment & characters, low-res, large distance.
- On for Environment & characters, high-res, large distance.
- On for everything, shadows overlap, high-res, large distance.
Changing this settingEdit
In-game, type the following
/console extShadowQuality setting
Alternatively, you can exit wow, open the Config.wtf file, and add the following line:
SET extShadowQuality setting
Or you can change the setting via the in-game Video Options.
/ Patch 3.0.2 (14-Oct-2008): Added