Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Most often, a buff refers to a temporary beneficial spell or effect placed on a player. Buffs can range in effect from simple personal shields to buffs which augment almost every category of stats a given player may have for their race or class.
You can dismiss an active buff that expires over time by right-clicking on its icon.
Most buffs do not stack with other similar buffs. One prominent exception is heal over time spells, heal over time spells from multiple characters and different heal over time spells from the same character (such as a druid's Regrowth and Rejuvenation) will stack with eachother.
Buff can also be used as a verb, i.e. "to buff" means to apply buffs.
Buff is also used to represent a change to a class or ability that makes it more effective or useful. It is the opposite of a nerf.
Buffs by EffectEdit
Combat based buffsEdit
- Strength, Agility, Stamina, and Intellect increased by 5% and increased magical resistances.
- Lasts 1 hour.
- Lasts 1 hour.
- Note: the casting of Kings cancels MoW. If your group has both a Druid and Paladin, the Paladin should not cast Kings!
- Drums of Forgotten Kings is crafted by Leatherworkers. Increases Strength Agility, Stamina, and Intellect by 4% and all magical Resistances by 52. Lasts 30 minutes. Recommended for Level 80.
- Drums of the Burning Wild is crafted by Leatherworkers. Increases Strength, Agility, Stamina, and Intellect by 4% and all magical resistances by 78. Lasts 1 hour. Recommended for Level 85.
- Stamina (+1485 Stamina at Level 85)
- Silithid Aura.
- Lasts 1 hour.
- Imp Aura.
- Generates 20 Rage. Lasts 2 minutes.
- Runescroll of Fortitude is crafted by Scribes (Inscription). Increases Stamina by 165. Lasts 1 hour. Recommended for Level 80.
- Mana (+5401 maximum Mana at Level 85)
- Strength and Agility (+1395 Strength and Agility at Level 85)
- Generates 10 Ruinic Power. Lasts 2 minutes, 3 minutes with Glyph of Horn of Winter.
- Cat and Sprit Beast Aura
- Lasts 5 minutes.
- Generates 20 Rage. Lasts 2 minutes.
- Haste - Increases group's melee, ranged, and casting speed by 30%
- / Lasts 40 seconds.
- Lasts 40 seconds.
- Core Hound ability. Lasts 40 seconds.
- Drums of Battle is crafted by Leatherworkers. Increases haste rating by up to 80 (5% at level 70). Recommended for Level 70.
- Attack Power (10% increase to Attack Power)
- Falling speed decrease
- Speed increase
- Water breathing
- Water walking (ends in combat)
- Abomination's Might - Increases your group's Attack power by 5,10% and own Strength by 1,2%.
- Horn of Winter - Increases your group's Strength and Agility for 2 minutes, 3 minutes with Glyph of Horn of Winter.
- Improved Icy Talons - Increases the melee and ranged attack speed of group by 10%, and your own attack speed by an additional 5%.
- Mark of the Wild/Gift of the Wild - armor, all attributes, and resistances for target/target's party
- Thorns - reflective damage for target
- Innervate - massive short term mana regeneration for target
- Aspect of the Pack - Increases group movement speed by 30%. If struck in combat, will stun you for 4 seconds.
- Aspect of the Wild - Increases Nature Resistance for the group.
- Trueshot Aura - Increases Attack Power for the group by 10%. Marksmanship Talent.
- Hunter pet
- Arcane Intellect - Increases maximum mana and spell power.
- Focus Magic - Increases the target's chance to critically hit with spells by 3%. When the target critically hits your chance to critically hit with spells is increased by 3% for 10 sec. Cannot be cast on self.
- Auras - Auras affect the Paladin's party/raid.
- Devotion Aura - Increases armor.
- Retribution Aura - Reflects damage onto attackers.
- Concentration Aura - Lose 35% less casting or channeling time when damaged.
- Resistance Aura - Increased fire, frost, and shadow resistance.
- Crusader Aura - Increases Mounted speed by 20%. Does not stack with other speed increasing effects.
- Blessings - Blessings affect everyone in a paladin's party/raid. Only one blessing can be active on a party/raid per paladin at a time. Blessings can also be put on single targets only if the target is not in your party. All Blessings last 1 hour.
- Hands - Hands are very short term buffs that affect only a single group member.
- Hand of Reckoning - A paladin's taunt. Usable against mobs to get them off others in the group.
- Hand of Protection - Target is protected from all physical attacks for 10 seconds, but during that time they cannot attack or use physical abilities.
- Divine Protection - Target takes 20% less damage for 10 seconds.
- Hand of Freedom - Target is granted immunity to movement impairing effects for 6 seconds.
- Hand of Salvation - Target has their total threat reduced by 2% every 1 sec. for 10 seconds.
- Hand of Sacrifice - Target transfers 30% damage taken to the Paladin. Lasts 12 sec or until the Paladin has transfered 100% of their maximum health.
- Beacon of Light - Direct heals from the casting Paladin also heal the Beacon if the target is within 60 yards. Not affected by Line of Sight.
- Seal - Seals grant bonuses to the Paladin and allow the use of Judgement.
- Seal of Righteousness - Grants each single-target melee attack additional Holy damage.
- Seal of Insight - Gives each single-target melee attack a chance to heal the Paladin and restore 4% of the paladin's base mana.
- Seal of Truth - Causes single-target attacks to Censure the target, which deals (additional Holy damage over 15 sec. Censure can stack up to 5 times. Once stacked to 5 times, each of the Paladin's attacks also deals 15% weapon damage as additional Holy damage.
- Seal of Justice - Causes each single-target melee attack to limit the target's maximum run speed for 5 sec and deal additional Holy damage.
- Power Word: Fortitude - Increases Stamina for group. Lasts 1 hour.
- Power Word: Shield - Shields a target from some damage. Lasts 30 seconds.
- Power Infusion - Increases spell casting speed by 20% and reduces the mana cost of all spells by 20%. Lasts 15 seconds.
- Shadow Protection - Increases Shadow resistance for group. Lasts 1 hour.
- Fear Ward - Wards the friendly target against the next Fear attack. Lasts 3 minutes.
- Tricks of the Trade - Redirects all threat caused by the rogue's attacks to the targeted raid member for 5 seconds, and increases their damage by 15% during this time.
- Master Poisoner - Increase the critical hit chance of all attacks made against any target you have poisoned by 1,2,3%
- Savage Combat - all physical damage caused to enemies you have poisoned is increased by 2,4%
- Bloodlust/Heroism - Increases casting and attack speed by 30%
- Elemental Oath - While Clearcasting is active, group members receive a 3,5% bonus to their critical strike chance. Elemental Talent.
- Unleashed Rage - Increases all group members attack power by 5,10%. Enhancement Talent.
- Ancestral Healing -Reduces physical damage taken by 5,10% for 15 sec after receiving a critical heal. Restoration Talent.
- Earth Shield - Shields the target, reducing casting or channeling time lost when damaged by 30% and causing attacks to heal the shielded target. Lasts 10 minutes. Restoration Ability.
- Earth Totem
- Strength of Earth Totem - Increases the Strength and Agility of the group
- Fire Totem
- Flametongue Totem - Increases Spell Power of the group by 6%
- Water Totem
- Air Totem
- Water Breathing - Target can breathe underwater. Lasts 10 minutes. Requires Shiny Fish Scales. Reagent removed with Glyph of Water Breathing
- Water Walking - Target can walk on water. Lasts 10 minutes Requires Fish Oil. Reagent removed with Glyph of Water Walking
- Unending Breath - Underwater breathing for target
- Detect Invisibility - Increase detection of invisibility for target
- Demonic Pact - Adds a percentage of the Warlock's spell power to all party or raid members on minion crit
- Blood Pact - Health for Warlock's party or raid
- Fel Intelligence - Increased Spirit and Intellect for Warlock's party or raid
- Battle Shout - attack power
- Commanding Shout - health
- Stance - A warrior's stance affects which abilities they can use and also provides additional benefits for the warrior.
- Heroic Presence - 1% increased chance to hit with all spells and abilities. Affects all group members.
List of notable buffs from environmentEdit
Increases stamina by 5%.
Lasts: 30 min
How to get: Take control of the northpass tower in Eastern Plaguelands, click the altar that appears outside the door.
Increases fire resistance by 83.
Lasts: 1 hour
Notes: Sometimes the tooltip will say differing amounts of Fire Resistance, but the buff always provides 83 resistance. Stacks with Paladin aura.
Increases critical chance of spells by 10%, melee and ranged by 5% and grants 140 attack power, for characters below level 61.
Lasts: 2 hours
Increases all stats for a value depending on level for 2 hours.
Duration: 2 hours (As of 1.11, this buff no longer persists through death)
Lasts: 1 hour
How to get: When the head of Rend Blackhand is returned after a player completes "For the Horde!", the end of the first part of the Onyxia prequest chain, all players located in Orgrimmar are buffed with this buff.
Increases critical strike rating and spell critical strike rating by 70 and all attributes by 15.
Lasts: 1 hour
Buffs, debuffs, and raid stacking in WotLK Edit
|Your comments are desired.|