Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|Race(s)|| Stonemaul ogre|
|Location||Northwestern Dustwallow Marsh|
|Facilities||Inn Mailbox Bank Auction House|
|Travel||Flight Master Mass-transit|
|Sources: Lands of Mystery, pg 38|
Brackenwall Village, named for its proximity to the Brackenwall, is a small Horde-affiliated outpost in northwestern Dustwallow Marsh. It is run and populated mainly by ogres, and its population is approximately a hundred denizens including the wind rider wyverns.
Brackenwall is the oldest Horde presence in Dustwallow Marsh. It is also the home of the Stonemaul ogres, who had maintained a village of their own but were driven out by agents of the black dragonflight. The Stonemaul ogres have remained allied with the Horde since the Third War, when the half-ogre Rexxar defeated their leader in combat and took command of the tribe. Daelin Proudmoore’s loyalists harass Brackenwall, but Jaina Proudmoore keeps her own troops reined in. Most of the Horde members here try to trade with Theramore peacefully, but there are a few that organize groups to attack travelers.
Brackenwall is unique in that it is the only Horde town that isn't made up of the main (playable) Horde races or variations of them. The village was built by the Stonemaul ogres after their original village was ruined by the black dragons to the south. The Stonemaul have been allies of the Horde ever since Rexxar bested their brutal chieftain, Kor'gall, and assumed the title for his own. After the Stonemauls aided in the battle against Admiral Proudmoore's naval fleets, Rexxar handed over leadership of the clan to Mok'Morokk.
- Brackenwall Village contains a flight master and a group of vendors. An inn, along with a mailbox, was included into the village as of patch 2.3
- sells the manuals for , and .
- Due to its proximity to Onyxia's Lair, this town was often used as a staging ground for Onyxia raids (for Horde players). As of patch 2.3 however, Mudsprocket is much closer to the dragon's cave and is more suitable for raid rendezvous.
- Contains a number of quest givers who give a few quests.
- Mudsprocket, Dustwallow Marsh
- Gadgetzan, Tanaris
- Ratchet, Northern Barrens
- Orgrimmar, Durotar
- Crossroads, Northern Barrens
- Thunder Bluff, Mulgore
- Desolation Hold, Southern Barrens
- Westreach Summit, Thousand Needles
Brackenwall Village NPCs Edit
- <Potions, Scrolls and Reagents>
- <Tailoring Supplies>
Various Services Edit
- Patch 1.8.0 (10-Oct-2005): Brackenwall Village now has an arrow on the minimap that points to it when you get within range.