Blade Flurry is a rogue ability learned at level 10 for those with the Combat specialization. When active, all of the rogues' attacks strike up to four additional nearby enemies, but their energy regenerates 20% slower. Blade Flurry is one of the few area of effect abilities available to rogues.
Modified by Edit
- Reduces energy regeneration by 20%.
- Breaks .
- If the attack on the primary target deals a critical hit, the replicated damage on the secondary target is also a critical. However, the armor rating of the second target will mitigate the damage.
- Attacks like and will deal damage to the second opponent, but without replicating the stun effect.
- Not recommended for use in tight places where fragile crowd control is in effect (Sap, Polymorph, etc.).
- Use caution when popping Blade Flurry at the beginning of combat when there is another mob in range. You may easily overaggro. Often it's better to wait a few seconds before popping Blade Flurry so that tanks can get some threat.
Patch changes Edit
- Patch 6.0.2 (14-October-2014): Blade Flurry can now trigger poisons, and now deals 30% damage (down from 40%).
- Patch 5.4.0 (10-Sep-2013) Fixed an issue where certain conditions can cause Blade Flurry to not deal damage to additional nearby opponents.
- Patch 5.3.0 (21-May-2013): Blade Flurry's damage to secondary targets should no longer be affected by Resilience or PvP power if the primary target was a player as both had already been factored in for the initial damage calculation.
- Patch 5.2.0 (5-Mar-2013): Blade Flurry has been changed. It now strikes up to 4 additional nearby targets for 40% of normal damage.
- Patch 4.0.6 (8-Feb-2011): Blade Flurry is now a toggle that can be turned off by pressing the button again. In addition, this ability no longer has a fixed duration, but will go on cooldown for 10 seconds after being canceled (similar to Stealth). In addition, Blade Flurry now reduces energy generation by 30% while active, up from 20%.
- / Patch 4.0.1 (12-Oct-2010): Many class talents, spells, and abilities have been overhauled, added, or removed. Blade Flurry now is learned immediately when you specialize in the Combat tree (was a 5th rank talent requiring 20 points), now costs no energy (was 25 energy), now has a cooldown of 30 seconds (was 2 minutes), now has an energy regeneration penalty of 20% (none previously), and now no longer increases attack speed by 20% (this is now part of Adrenaline Rush).
- Patch 2.4.2 (2008-05-13): This ability can no longer hit critters as its secondary targets and will now use a proper range calculation for all secondary targets.
- Patch 2.3.0 (13-Nov-2007): This ability now works correctly in all cases with shielded targets.
- Patch 2.2.0 (25-Sep-2007): This ability will now do damage to secondary targets when the primary target takes no damage due to a damage shield (such as Power Word: Shield).
- Patch 2.0.3 (09-Jan-2007): "Preparation" now only resets the cooldown of the "Evasion", "Sprint", "Vanish", "Cold Blood", "Adrenaline Rush" and "Premeditation" abilities. Previously reset the cooldown of Blade Flurry.
- Patch 1.10.0 (28-Mar-2006): The additional attacks generated by this ability will now properly take into account the armor of the second target.
- Patch 1.8.0 (10-Oct-2005): This ability will now trigger correctly off of special attacks such as Sinister Strike and Kick.
- Patch 1.4.0 (2005-05-05): Preparation - Will now clear the cooldown of the Blade Flurry ability.