|Blade's Edge Mountains|
|Population||Unknown"Unknown" is not a number.|
|Major settlements||Thunderlord Stronghold|
Blade's Edge Mountains (Located in Outland - Through the Dark Portal) is a region full of knife-sharp mountain crags and axe-cut valleys. The green glow in the sky is part of the twisting nether - a floating energy that affects the remains of Outland and binds it together in a suspended phase. The mountains are inhabited by humanoidal Rock Flayers and a substantial population of ogres. This zone is located to the north of Zangarmarsh and to the west of Netherstorm. Likely contains some of the so called "Green Havens". The zone has three distinct terrain types, it's rocky valley, forested slopes, and barren plateau summits. Using this definition, the zone has four "mountains" that are interconnected.
Worldofwarcraft.com says the following about the Blade's Edge Mountains:
The harsh winds that rip through the canyons of Blade's Edge have, over time, worn the bordering escarpments into menacing, dagger-like spikes that lend the region to its name. This foreboding realm is also the homeland of the brutish ogres, who wage constant, fierce battles against one another to gain the favor of their merciless gronn masters.
Map and subregions
|Dungeon Name||Level Range||Group Size||Approximate Run Time|
- Gruul's Lair (large outdoor area)
|Zone Name||Faction||Level Range||Direction||Access|
|Netherstorm||67-70||East||Normal (Gyro-Plank Bridge)|
- Main article: Blade's Edge Mountains NPCs
- Main article: Blade's Edge Mountains quests
- Hotfix (2009-11-04): "All characters that die on the Northwest plateau of Blade's Edge Mountains will now be sent to the Evergrove graveyard."
- Patch 2.1.0 (22-May-2007): Added Ogri'la and removed Felstorm Point from the northern plateau.