This section concerns content that is potentially inaccurate. Reason: Needs to be checked... much appears wrong.Battle pets will fall into one of 10 possible pet families. Each pet family has its own strengths and weaknesses when up against certain other companion families.
- Aquatic - Aquatic attacks deal bonus damage to Elemental companions and less damage to Magic companions.
- Beast - Beast attacks deal bonus damage to Critter companions and less damage to Flying companions.
- Critter - Critter attacks deal bonus damage to Undead companions and less damage to Humanoid companions.
- Dragonkin - Dragonkin attacks deal bonus damage to Magic companions and less damage to Undead companions.
- Elemental - Elemental attacks do more damage to Mechanical companions and less to Critter companions.
- Flying - Flying attacks deal bonus damage to Aquatic companions and less damage to Dragonkin companions.
- Humanoid - Humanoid attacks do more damage to Dragonkin and less to Beast companions.
- Magic (not Mystical, or Mythical) - Magical attacks deal bonus damage to Flying and less damage to Mechanical companions.
- Mechanical - Mechanical attacks deal bonus damage to Beast companions and less damage to Elemental companions.
- Undead - Undead attacks do more damage to Humanoid companions and less to Aquatic companions.
Strengths and Weaknesses
Battle pet passive abilities Edit
Aquatic: ω ϖ - Harmful damage over time effects are reduced by 25% on Aquatic pets.
Beast: ω ϖ - Beasts deal 25% extra damage below half health.
Critter: ω ϖ - Critters break out of crowd control effects more quickly.
Dragonkin: ω ϖ - Dragons deal 50% additional damage on the next round after bringing a target's health below 25%.
Elemental: ω ϖ - Elementals ignore all weather effects.
Flying: ω ϖ - Flying creatures gain 50% extra speed while above 50% health.
Humanoid: ω ϖ - Humanoids recover 4% of their maximum health if they dealt damage this round.
Magic: ω ϖ - Magic pets cannot be dealt more than 50% of their maximum health in one attack.
Mechanical: ω ϖ - Comes back to life once per battle, returning to 20% health.
Undead: ω ϖ - Undead pets return to life immortal for one round when killed.
- ^ Battle Pet Abilities. WoWDB. Retrieved on 2012-04-25.
- ^ a b Quintessence 2012-03-28. MoP Beta: New Pets, Wild Pets and More. WarcraftPets.com.
- ^ a b c d Ashelia 2012-04-19. Mists of Pandaria Pet Passives, Dynamic Quest Rewards, and 400,000 More Beta Invites. Wowhead News.
- ^ Magic. Wowhead. Retrieved on 2012-10-07.
- ^ Ashelia 2012-03-27. Mists of Pandaria Preview: Pet Battle Abilities, Wild Pet Locations, and More. Wowhead News.
- ^ Luci 2012-07-15. MoP Beta - Pet battle system insights. Wowjuju.
- ^ Boubouille 2012-04-25. Pet Battle System now on Beta Realms (Early Version). MMO Champion.