Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Note on battle pet attacks
Attacks each have their own "family", which may not match the family of the pet, and may be from a variety of different families on one pet. For example, a is a Humanoid pet whose attacks are all of the Flying family type, meaning it will take extra damage () from Undead attacks and less () from Critter attacks (because its family is Humanoid), but will do extra damage () to Aquatic creatures and less () to Dragonkin, rather than more to Dragonkin and less to Beast (because its attacks are Flying type rather than Humanoid).
- Aquatic - Aquatic attacks deal bonus damage to Elemental companions and less damage to Magic companions.
- Beast - Beast attacks deal bonus damage to Critter companions and less damage to Flying companions.
- Critter - Critter attacks deal bonus damage to Undead companions and less damage to Humanoid companions.
- Dragonkin - Dragonkin attacks deal bonus damage to Magic companions and less damage to Undead companions.
- Elemental - Elemental attacks do more damage to Mechanical companions and less to Critter companions.
- Flying - Flying attacks deal bonus damage to Aquatic companions and less damage to Dragonkin companions.
- Humanoid - Humanoid attacks do more damage to Dragonkin and less to Beast companions.
- Magic (not Mystical, or Mythical) - Magical attacks deal bonus damage to Flying and less damage to Mechanical companions.
- Mechanical - Mechanical attacks deal bonus damage to Beast companions and less damage to Elemental companions.
- Undead - Undead attacks do more damage to Humanoid companions and less to Aquatic companions.
Strengths and Weaknesses
The diagrams below show in a variety of ways how families are strong or weak against each other. The two left diagrams show what family is strong against another by having a red arrow point ( Strength) to the family that takes extra damage and a gray arrow ( Weakness) pointing to the family that takes less damage.
The right side diagram shows this in a different form, the large icon shows how it is affected by other families. The upper left is a family that attacks it strongly ( Weakness defending), the upper right is a family that it attacks strongly ( Strength attacking), the lower left is a family that attacks it weakly ( Strength defending), and the lower right is a family that it attacks weakly ( Weakness attacking).
- Graphics courtesy of Nightsmaiden.
Battle pet passive abilities Edit
- ^ Battle Pet Abilities. WoWDB. Retrieved on 2012-04-25.
- ^ a b Quintessence 2012-03-28. MoP Beta: New Pets, Wild Pets and More. WarcraftPets.com.
- ^ a b c d Ashelia 2012-04-19. Mists of Pandaria Pet Passives, Dynamic Quest Rewards, and 400,000 More Beta Invites. Wowhead News.
- ^ Magic. Wowhead. Retrieved on 2012-10-07.
- ^ Ashelia 2012-03-27. Mists of Pandaria Preview: Pet Battle Abilities, Wild Pet Locations, and More. Wowhead News.
- ^ Boubouille 2012-04-25. Pet Battle System now on Beta Realms (Early Version). MMO Champion.