The Battle.net Gift Card is a virtual currency card product purchased from 3rd party retailers that can apply to your Battle.net Balance with the value equivalent to €20/£15 ($20 in US) of real world currency. As of its introduction on April 18, 2014, it was only available in Europe. By the end of 2014, it is available in the U.S., but was never formally announced on US Battle.net. As of July 15, 2016, it is available for €20/£15 in the EU (not sure about US).
List of retailers where available Edit
As of July 15, 2016:
|Currys/PC World||Gamemania||Media Markt|
|WHSmith||Media Markt||Toys "R" Us|
|Media Markt||Media Markt||Relay|
|Blade Center||Media Markt|
|Worten||POLAND||Inferno Online Stockholm|
|El Corte Inglés||Empik|
- Best Buy
- Players have complained about the delay (up to 3 days) in the ability to use the money registered to their account right away.
- Other players have complained about being taxed twice (once on purchase of gift card and again when spending balance). Some players have pointed out it is illegal to charge sales tax on gift cards in several states, but the laws apparently are poorly enforced or flagrantly violated.
- WARNING: May take up to 3 days after activation to spend Battle.net Balance.
See also Edit
- Battle.net Balance
- Battle.net Shop
- Game time
- World of Warcraft 60 Day Pre-Paid Time Card
- Where to buy
- Note: This is only a sample, based on some popular sites.