|Cooldown||(GCD 1.5 sec)|
Modified by Edit
- Banished mobs are affected by a Voidwalker's ability.
- Mobs can be Taunted during a Banish. Communicate to your tank when the effect is seconds away from wearing off, they will appreciate the notice as it will allow them to place a Taunt effect on the mob and keep it from running out of melee range.
- As with other Crowd Control abilities, it can be useful to employ the "Focus" system, especially with a macro such as this one.
- If you cast Banish two times on the same target then the effect will end.
- Despite Banish being considered a Magic effect it cannot be dispelled.
- Damage over time effects applied to the target who is affected by Banish will continue to count down but will cause zero damage.
- May be used against on another warlock's minion.
- May be used on elementals such as a Mage's Water Elemental or a Shaman's Fire and Earth Elementals.
- May be used against warlocks under the effects of .
- May be used on a Restoration Druid who is in Tree of Life form.
Patch changes Edit
- Patch 5.1.0 (27-Nov-2012): Banish is now effective against Aberrations.
- Patch 3.2.0 (04-Aug-2009): Effect will now be cancelled if Banish is recast on a banished target.
- Patch 3.1.0 (14-Apr-2009): Now has a 6-second PvP duration.
- Patch 2.3.0 (13-Nov-2007): Banish can no longer be cast on targets tapped by other players or groups.