- I want you to hit me as hard as you can. (TCG)
Backlash is a passive warlock ability learned at level 32 for those with the Destruction specialization. It gives the warlock a chance to gain an instant after being the victim of a physical attack.
- This will probably have greatest effect against melee attackers with very fast swing rate such as hunter pets and druids in cat form. Nuke to the face, close range!
- Patch 3.2.2 (2009-09-22): When using Shadowbolt or Incinerate while having Backlash and Backdraft active, only Backlash will now be properly consumed.
- Patch 3.1.0 (14-Apr-2009): Backlash has been moved up to tier-5, up from tier-7. Now requires Intensity (pre-requisite).
- Patch 2.0.3 (09-Jan-2007): When a Warlock is under the effects of "Backlash" and "Nightfall", only one of the effects will be consumed by a "Shadow Bolt" cast.