|Blackwing Lair loading graphic|
|Location||Upper Blackrock Spire, Blackrock Mountain|
|Race(s)|| Black dragonflight|
|Lockout timer||1 week|
- See also: Blackwing Lair loot
Most notably, bosses drop tier 2 set items.
Quests and Reputation Edit
Blackwing Lair does not reward reputation for any faction. The only quest involves handing in the . The Scepter of the Shifting Sands quest chain was once another quest chain that could be completed here, before it was removed in Cataclysm.
Gaining Entry Edit
There are three possible ways to enter:
- By completing the attunement quest  and thereafter porting in by using Orb of Command.
- By entering the portal in Blackrock Spire. This entrance to Blackwing Lair is located within upper Blackrock Spire, several turns past Rend's room.
- Via a warlock's Ritual of Summoning.
Video guide Edit
|How to solo Blackwing Lair attunement|
Nefarian has vowed to crush Ragnaros. To this end, he has recently begun efforts to bolster his forces, much as his father Deathwing had attempted to do in ages past. However, where Deathwing failed, it now seems the scheming Nefarian may be succeeding. Nefarian's mad bid for dominance has attracted concern from the Red Dragon Flight, which has always been the Black Flight's greatest foe. Though Nefarian's intentions are known, the methods he is using to achieve them remain a mystery. It is believed, however that Nefarian has been experimenting with the blood of all of the various Dragon Flights to produce unstoppable warriors.
Dungeon denizens Edit
- Black dragon (one, Nefarian)
- Black drakes (three, Ebonroc, Firemaw, Flamegor)
- Black drakonids
- Black dragonspawn
- Blue drakonids
- Blue whelps
- Bone golems
- Bronze drakonids
- Bronze whelps
- Chromatic drakonids
- Drakeadon (one, Chromaggus)
- Green drakonids
- Green whelps
- Red dragon (one, Vaelastrasz the Corrupt)
- Red drakonids
- Red whelps
Patches changes Edit
- Patch 1.8.0 (10-Oct-2005): There are now alchemy labs that are needed by alchemists to make flasks inside of Blackwing Lair.
- Patch 1.6.1 (02-Aug-2005):
- Several encounters in Blackwing Lair now cause the front gate to close, preventing players from zoning out or joining an in-progress battle.
- The drakes in Blackwing Lair will no longer leave the lab.
- Patch 1.6.0 (12-Jul-2005): Added
- Elite Chaos - Blackwing Lair on Fileplanet.com