Azeroth Wars is a Warcraft III map and was first created by Augur (Azeroth Wars Strategy), later developed by Darkganon_Rper and then succeeded by Azeroth Wars: Legacy Reborn, created by Avrion, Railen and EagleMan. Their website can be found at awlr.blogspot.com. Current Editors are Thurr and Bhaal_Spawn. 
Current site for discussion: 
Azeroth Wars and Azeroth Wars: LR is a strategy map based on conquering control points (CPs) for gold, making alliances and defeating the other players. The players control notable groups or races recognizable from Warcraft II, Warcraft III: Reign of Chaos and the Frozen Throne campaigns.
The map consists of 4 major continents: Kalimdor, Northrend, Eastern Kingdoms and Outland, all providing enough income for a full scale war between the various fractions.
- Red - The Undead Scourge.
- Blue - The Burning Legion.
- Controls a portion of Undead.
- Teal - The Fel Horde.
- Outland and Blackrock Mountain.
- Purple - Lordaeron.
- Yellow - Dwarves of Khaz Modan.
- Orange - Dalaran.
- Gains Theramore soon after the Plague.
- Green - Elves of Quel'Thalas.
- Pink - Frostwolf Clan (faction changed from Version 1.8)
- Grey - Warsong Clan. (faction changed from Version 1.8)
- Can become the Fel Orcs.
- Light Blue - Sentinels.
- Dark Green - Arathor Kingdom.
- Brown - Druids. (in earlier Version this Color was the Naga under Queen Azshara.)
Every faction has its unique set of units. While most units can be made in unlimited quantity, air units are generally restricted to a certain number. Each faction can also make its own unique Elite units which are much more powerful than the rest of the units. (Again, generally limited to 6)
-Red- Ghouls Crypt Fiends Gargoyles (limited to 8) Skeleton archers Skeleton Warriors Necromancers Banshees Shades Abominations Obsidian Statues Meat Wagons (6, but can research a mastery to make 8) Skeleton warriors Skeleton mage Destroyers (limited to 6) Frost Wyrms (limited to 4) Sapphiron (limited to 1) Death Knight (limited to 6/Elites) Zombies
-Blue- Ghouls Crypt Fiends Gargoyles (limited to 8) Meat Wagons (limited to 6) Fel Orc Grunts Fel Orc Commanders Abominations Warlocks Shadow Acolytes Dreadlords (limited to 6/Elites) Fel Guards Juggernauts (limited to 6)
There are many events for different races amongst the game that follow the events closely to those depicted in Warcraft 3 Reign of Chaos / Frozen Throne, This is a List of those Events.
- Red - Plague, When Red Activates the Plague, All Peasants in the Lordaeron/dalaran region become Zombies under Reds Command, This is not a Threat, but a distraction, can be used to strike andorhal/Eliminate Lordaerons food/Supplies, This can be enabled by typing "-Plague", You also Gain a Hero through this Event, Baron Rivendare, will spawn in Caer darrow.
- Red - Obtaining Sapphiron: There is a Hostile Creep in Borean Tundra known as "Sapphiron" Arthas Reanimated Saphiron on his Journey to icecrown to stop Illidan from Destroying the Lich King in the Frozen Throne Campaign. In AW:LR, once you kill the creep, it will spawn as a very powerful Frost Wyrm which can be used to harass Lordaeron via Stratholme invasion or defense against Northerend invaders. Sapphiron can use all the abilities a regular Frost Wyrm can.
- Red - Corrupting the Lands: Destroying certain villages will lead to the village dying and granting blight across the lands.
- Red - Arthas, just as the original story line, can become Death Knight Arthas as long as he stands as Prince of Lordaeron (Meaning before level 12 as He will become King of Lordaeron at that level). You must kill Stratholme castle, which will grant you vision of Arthas, and once he dies (or if he is already dead when Stratholme castle falls,) then Scourge will gain Arthas as a Death Knight.
- Red - Kel'thuzad's death: Kel'thuzad MAY Die, and if he Dies in Necromancer form, He is Unrevivable. However, Red will gain an invisible ghost of Kel'Thuzad with no attack and if Quel'Thalas in destroyed and Sunwell is under Red or Blue's control, Kel'thuzad shall be revived as a Lich. (Ghost of Kel'Thuzad must be near the Sunwell). Arguably, Necromancer Kel'Thuzad is much more powerful than the revived Kel'Thuzad.
- Red - The Lich King Arthas, If Arthas in Death Knight form reaches the Frozen throne at level 12, Arthas will then Fuse Bodies with Ner'zhul and become the Lich King. (REMEMBER: DON'T DO THIS BEFORE LEVEL 12, AS YOU WILL LOSE CONTROL OF ALL SCOURGE FORCES IF DONE BEFORE LEVEL 12.) He will start at level 5, but will gain bonus health and armor, chaos damage, life steal, splash damage, and magic immunity.
- Red/Blue - The Forsaken, If Red/Blue Happens to Kill Sylvanas Windrunner, (Greens Archer hero) or destroys silvermoon castle, this allows for Red and Blue to become the Forsaken after defeat. if The Lich King Dies, (in Arthas or Frozen form) Red will be Granted The Dark lady Sylvanas windrunner as a hero, some Workers, some soldiers, and a Boat, Use this Boat if Nessessary to Leave Lordaeron, As they will spawn north west of Lordaeron city, REMEMBER: DONT SUICIDE FOR THIS. THERE IS NO UNDERCITY EVENT (Yet) DON'T BE FOOLED. if Blue However, Loses both his Great Demons, He too, will gain an assortment of Units, some Workers, and the Hero Varimathris, Same terms go for as Red, Sylvanas Windrunner must be dead to gain the Forsaken.
- Red / Blue - Summoning the Burning Legion: There are two methods to summon the Burning Legion.
The first one is retrieve the Book of Medivh from Dalaran Dungeons which is fortified under Dalaran City, which can only be reached through the portal beside the Violet Citadel. The book pedestal behind closed doors with a Golem defending it. Go through the doors and the Golem and Blue can obtain the item "The Book of Medivh" This can be done via stealth or force. Summoning the Legion via the Book will take 3 minutes. WATCH- For Arcane sentry, as your Dreadlords (who are permanently clocked until attacking) will die when approaching the towers with them on. The Second Method is to have Kel'thuzad in Lich Form, and he will have an Ability to Summon the Legion. (5 minutes to summon)
- Blue - If Archimonde were to reach the World Tree, he will drain the tree. If left uninterrupted,, he will reach incredible levels and all Night Elf units will disappear. Kil'Jaeden will also appear and numerous CPs will be transferred to Blue.
- Teal - Taking Kargath Blackhand to Grim Batol after killing the Dragon creeps will allow for the player to attain Zuluhed the Whacked.
- Teal - Destroying the Dark Iron after Yellow attains it give Teal the Black Dragon Flight Event, where Black Dragons then attain Incineration attacks and increases the cap to 2.
- The Horde Changes (From Version 1.8)
- Pink - Durnholde Leep, At the start of the game, you sit infront of Durnhold Keep. Destroy the damaged Guard tower to free the imprisoned Orcs and gain additional reinforcements. Afterwards, Pink can choose to either stay in Lordaeron or travel to Kalimdor. (Generally players move to the new continent to survive)
- Pink - By taking Thrall to the Hinterlands, the Trolls will ally themselves to the Warchief, giving additional units.
- Pink - After gaining control of the World Tree, take Thrall to the Tree. This will give you a worker where you may build Orgrimmar anywhere you wish. The location where it is built will beep on the minimap for 10 seconds after it is completed. Orgrimmar grants additional income and food.
- Pink - Taking Thrall to the Frozen Throne after it is destroyed will grant him additional powers and make him stronger.
- Pink - If Gray takes the Blood Pact, he can train 2 more Far Seers (Max of 8) and will receive Rexxar. Pink will also be notified when the Blood Pact Upgrade is being researched.
- Gray - Durnholde Keep. At the start of the game, you sit infront of Durnhold Keep. Destroy the damaged Guard tower to free the imprisoned Orcs and gain additional reinforcements. Afterwards, Pink can choose to either stay in Lordaeron or travel to Kalimdor. (Generally players move to the new continent to survive)
- Gray - The Warsong Lumber Mill begins when Grom Hellscream is located near the northern trees of Kalimdor.
- Gray - Grom Hellscream receives stats boost when he reaches the World Tree. When he has reached the World Tree Event, Grom Hellscream cannot accept the Blood Pact.
- Gray - Can accept the Bloodpact only when Blood Pact is researched via the Warsong Lumber Mill. After accepting Gray is allied to Blue (who is then unallied from Red) and will gain Fel Orcs (and Fel Grom) while losing troll units, Rexxar, and Rok'han. He can also gain Satyr units by bringing Mannoroth to Fel Wood.
- Light blue - Shen'Dralar, if you happen to Push pink/Gray back in the War for kalimdor, make sure to detour to Diremaul to find the 2 Shen'Dralar.
- Brown - Horn of Cenarius - Find the Horn of Cenarius in Moonglade and take it to the barrow to receive Malfurion.
- Brown - By entering the Dungeons, Brown can free Illidan (along with Maiev and Naisha for the Sentinels)
- Brown - By reaching Diremaul with Cenarius, player receives the Staff of Azshara. (additional stats, aoe heal)
- Brown - Furbolg upgrade can be researched to receive Furbolg units after attaining the Azshara control point.
- Brown - If Illidan receives the Skull of Guldan, he will transform to his demon form. He can be taken to the Maelstrom to free the Naga. Also, if Illidan reaches Hellfire Citadel in the Outlands, he will receive the Draenei. (Going down this route will have Brown unallied from the Night Elves and lose the former Druid units)
- Dark green - Stormwind Harbor, After 5 minutes of game time, Stormwind Harbor will open. Use the harbor as a vital naval base/refuge. Teal will rarely Strike at stormwind Harbor after clearing the city, after the 5 minutes, you will be given control of the gate, and a powerful naval base.
- Dark green - Thoras Trollbane, This hero is revivable as long as Stromguarde is alive. However, if the Black Temple is destroyed, he will be able to revive permanently.
- Dark green - Yellow, Orange, Purple, Green - Gilneas, Gilneas is Capturable by any nation of the North / South alliances. You Must destroy Graymanes tower (the largest one in the middle) and the City will become yours, Remember; if you are assaulting in the latest version, Remember to assault from the gate, as you will gain the ships as well.
- Yellow - Brann Bronzebeard, Bring Muradin to the Stormpeaks, And you will Gain the explorer Brann Bronzebeard.
- Yellow - Aerie Peak, Yellow will gain Aerie Peak after bringing King Magni or if Ironforge dies. Will also receive a demi-hero, Falstad Wildhammer.
- Yellow - The Tram, Yellow may research the Tram in Ironforge, this will give Dark green and yellow an income Bonus as well as quick transportation between stormwind and Ironforge.
- Yellow - If Yellow destroys Ragnaros, he will receive Dark Iron units. Dagran Thessaurus is unusable until Ironforge and king Magni dies permanently.
- Orange - Kirin Tor, The Kirin Tor are Powerful Wizard units you may Research at the violet citidel, these units have Very strong abilities, Do NOT Waste them.
- Orange - Navy - Orange will receive Admiral Proudmoore and the Navy after a certain period of time.
- Orange - Theramore, You Shall gain Theramore shortly after Red Unleashes the Plague of Undeath. Remember to put your ships at the theramore bridge as a defence against the night elves / Orcs.
- Purple - King Arthas - After destroying the Frozen Throne, taking Arthas to the location where the Frozen Throne was located before will change him into King, also granting him Holy Frostmourne, which gives Arthas chaos damage. The Crown of Lordaeron will also drop where King Terenas used to be.
- Purple - Jaina and King Arthas can be married, giving rings and additional stats.
- Purple - If the Capital of Lordaeron falls, a large army and Garithos will appear in Dalaran as back-up.
- Purple - Alexandros Mograine, You shall Gain Alexandros Mograine as a Second chance hero is Stratholme/Arthas dies, THIS IS NOT A GOOD HERO TO SUICIDE FOR, AS HE IS ONLY USEFUL FOR COUNTERING REDS ADVANCEMENT, AND IT NOT WORTH GIVING UP WESTERN LORDAERON / STRATHOLME FOR.
- Green - Blood elves, If The Rune stones of Quel'thalas happen to Die, and silvermoon palace destroyed, You will gain the Blood elves in Dalaran dungeons, Kael'thas Carries "Kael'thas Magical disco stick" Which can be dropped near the Dalaran dungeons portal and will teleport you to Outland in Netherstorm. (NOTE: THIS IS ONLY WORTH SUICIDING FOR IF IT IS LATE GAME.)
- Purple/Orange/Green/Dark Green/Yellow - Can destroy the Greymane tower to gain control of Gilneas.