|Casting time||Instant cast|
Avenging Wrath is a paladin ability learned at level 72 for those with the Holy specialization, increasing all damage and healing for a short period of time.
Modified by Edit
- Glyph of Avenging Wrath
- Glyph of Divine Wrath
- Glyph of Merciful Wrath
- Glyph of the Falling Avenger
- Glyph of Winged Vengeance
- This ability essentially places the Paladin at a higher DPS bracket for the duration. It is useful in PvP and PvE alike as a way of causing huge burst damage in a small amount of time.
- Because of its powerful boost and well-known visual effect, Avenging Wrath is often just referred to as a paladin's "wings". For example; "he used his wings, so the other guy was killed in two seconds".
Patch changes Edit
- Patch 6.0.2 (14-October-2014): Avenging Wrath is no longer available to Protection Paladins.; Avenging Wrath now also increases all of the Paladin’s healing by 20% for its duration.
- Patch 5.2.0 (5-Mar-2013): Avenging Wrath now has a cooldown of 2 minutes for Retribution Paladins (was 3 minutes). The cooldown remains unchanged for Holy and Protection Paladins.
- Patch 3.0.8 (2009-01-20): Divine Shield, Divine Protection, and Avenging Wrath cannot be used within 30 seconds of each other anymore. Forbearance removed from Avenging Wrath.
- Hotfix (2008-10-31): Once more causes Forbearance.
- / Patch 3.0.2 (14-Oct-2008): No longer causes Forbearance, damage increase reduced to 20% (from 30), now increases healing done by 20%.
- Patch 2.1.0 (22-May-2007): It is no longer possible to use a macro to gain the benefit of Avenging Wrath and Divine Shield at the same time.