The church he is kneeling in is the same church where Uther Lightbringer took his oath as first paladin. If you can deliver the Medallion of Faith to Aurius, he will aid you in combat against Baron Rivendare.
Blood elf paladins seeking their charger mounts must enter Stratholme and extinguish the eternal flame that burns in the chapel. When they do so, Aurius becomes hostile and must be killed, along with five ghost paladins (Aelmar the Vanquisher, Cathela the Seeker, Gregor the Justiciar, Vicar Hieronymus and Nemas the Arbiter) that spawn upon Aurius' death.
- "Before I submit to this impending death, there is one last thing I must do." ( )
- "It is good to see others who fight the Scourge in Stratholme, for it is here they are strongest. Greetings. I am Aurius. I was once a paladin of the Silver Hand, but like others whose faith wavered... I fell from grace. The Scourge seduced me and nearly transformed me into a death knight! Finally sensing my peril, I fled to this chapel. It is a sacred place where the first paladin, Uther the Lightbringer, was ordained into the Knights of the Silver Hand."
- Aggro of Rivendare
- Rivendare! I come for you!
- Rivendare killed
- "Leave me. My wounds are great and I fear they will overtake me. Thank you, <name>. I will die here, but because of you... I'll die in peace."
- Aurius's name is similar to "Arius the Seeker" and "Aurrius the Pure", both random names for Paladins in Warcraft III: Reign of Chaos.