Profession skill levels fall into eleven stages of increasing ability to learn and execute recipes: Apprentice, Journeyman, Expert, Artisan, Master (), Grand Master (), Illustrious (), Zen Master (), Draenor Master (), Legion Master (), and Kul Tiran / Zandalari Master ().
Change in Battle for Azeroth Edit
The progression bars have changed so that after the base game each expansion has a separate progression bar for points unlike before which had a single bar:
- Non-expansion goes up to 300.
- Outland, Northrend, Cataclysm, and Pandaria progression bars each go up to 75.
- Draenor and Broken Isles go up to 100.
- Kul Tiras and Zandalar go up to 150.
- Not counting racial or other bonuses, at a skill level of 200 you can learn the Artisan stage and gain up to a maximum of 300 points.
- You must be level 35 to become an Artisan in most professions (gathering professions require level 25 and fishing requires level 10).
- The trainer who can train Artisan stage for each profession can usually be found in any racial capital city, just ask a guard.
With only the initial World of Warcraft install, no skill or profession can go above 300 points (not including racial or other bonuses).Changed with Battle for Azeroth.
- Starting with Battle for Azeroth pre-patch, this proficiency range will be the end 75 points range of a 300 point progress bar.