Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Ardent Defender is a paladin ability learned at level 70 for those with the Protection specialization. While reducing damage taken, it will also heal paladins for a percentage of their maximum health if struck by a blow that would otherwise kill them.
Modified by Edit
Patch changes Edit
- Patch 4.2.0 (2011-06-28): Ardent Defender has a new spell effect.
- / Patch 4.0.1 (12-Oct-2010): Made an active ability. Now restores a fixed amount of health (15%).
- Patch 3.3.3 (2010-03-23): The debuff from this talent being recently triggered is now removed upon entering an Arena match.
- Patch 3.2.2 (2009-09-22): Reduces damage that takes you below 35% health by 7/13/20%. (Down from 10/20/30%)
- Patch 3.2.0 (04-Aug-2009): Redesigned. Any damage that takes the paladin below 35% health is reduced. This reduction applies only to the portion that pushes the paladin below 35% health (example: a paladin at 50% health takes a 40% hit; the first 15% hits as normal while the next 25% is reduced). In addition, once every 2 minutes an attack that would have killed the paladin will fail to kill, and instead heal the paladin for up to 10/20/30% of maximum health depending on the paladin's defense rating (example: a paladin with defense equal to only 5 times his or her level will receive no healing from the talent, while a paladin who is immune to critical strikes from boss creatures through defense will receive the maximum amount). Old was "Any damage taken by the paladin while at 35% health or below is reduced."
- Patch 3.1.0 (14-Apr-2009): Reduced to 3 ranks for 10/20/30%.
- Patch 2.1.0 (22-May-2007): Reduces damage taken by 6-30% when below 35% health. Old was, "When you have less than 20% health, all damage taken is reduced by 10% per point."