Arcanite Dragonling is created by engineers with a skill of 300.
The recipe for this item is taught by . The only known source for this schematic are the Cobalt Mageweavers in Mazthoril, in Winterspring or by purchase from Kaye Toogie in the Dalaran Underground. She is only accessible by using the Wormhole Generator: Northrend.
This dragonling casts Flame Buffet, increasing the Fire Damage done to the target by 60. This effect stacks up to 5 times.
Using this item starts a 20 minute cooldown on this trinket, and a 1 minute cooldown on other guardian pet trinkets (such as the other mechanical dragonling type trinkets, Defender of the Timbermaw, etc). This means that there is still some value in keeping older dragonling trinkets after creating new ones.
The summoned dragon gains one level for every 5 points the user has in Engineering. So an engineer with Engineering 375 summons a level 75 dragonling.
- Patch 4.1.0 - Arcanite Dragonlings are again always level 60 instead of scaling with the engineer's skill.
- Cooldown reduced to 5 minutes
- Patch 2.4.3 (2008-07-15): Arcanite Dragonlings once again scale with engineering skill.
- Patch 2.4.0 (25-Mar-2008):
- Arcanite Dragonlings are now always level 60 instead of scaling with the engineer's skill.
- Engineering Dragonlings now have a 20 minute cooldown instead of 1 hour
- Patch 1.4.0 (2005-05-05): The level of the Mechanical Dragonlings now scale with your engineering skill, so they will be always useful against enemies. Their damage and health has remained the same.
- Patch 1.3.0 (07-Mar-2005): Mechanical Whelps have been boosted by five levels in order to be effective longer. Their damage has been slightly decreased to compensate for the additional damage that would have occurred with the change.