|Cooldown||(GCD 1 sec)|
|Requirements||Requires Melee Weapon|
Ambush is a core rogue ability learned at level six. It is one of the hardest hitting in the rogue's arsenal of abilities. Note that using a dagger results in a higher percentage of damage and the rogue must be and behind the target. ed
Modified by Edit
- Assassination abilities
- Subtlety abilities
- Very effective in taking out cloth-wearing targets quickly.
- Ambush is arguably preferable over in PvP as an opener against mages, as a mage's Blink ability is usable while under a stun effect.
- A critical hit with an Ambush followed by a well-timed can put an enemy at a severe health disadvantage from the beginning of the fight, in addition to starting you off with 2-3 Combo Points.
- Use in PvE if you are having trouble getting behind a target to line up an Ambush.
- A quickly-executed "Ambush -> -> Ambush" combo attack can inflict severe damage on any single target.
Patch changes Edit
- Patch 5.4.0 (10-Sep-2013) Ambush damage has been increased by 12%.
- / Patch 4.0.1 (12-Oct-2010): Available at level 8. No longer requires a dagger, but a dagger gives more Ambush damage than an other melee weapon.
- Patch 3.3.0 (08-Dec-2009): The tooltip on this ability will now update properly from talents which increase its damage by a percentage.
- Patch 2.3.2 (2008-01-08): The damage multiplier on this ability has been increased from 250% to 275%.
- Patch 1.8.0 (10-Oct-2005): Now uses normalized attack power.
- Patch 1.4.0 (2005-05-05): Fixed a bug where combo points were not always being applied to the target when using Ambush. Ambush now properly increases the attack power contribution by the percent modifier.