|Race||Cloud serpent (Dragonkin)|
|Location||Vale of Eternal Blossoms|
is a guaranteed drop from Alani, but in order to attack Alani, you need to first collect 10 and combine them to form a . Skyshards are a random drop from mobs in Vale of Eternal Blossoms.
- Legends tell of a great battle that took place in this very vale, turning the golden fields to crimson with the blood of many brave monks. The armies of Lei Shen the Thunder King, emperor of the mogu, fought brutally, but were eventually overcome.
- For days following the fall of Lei Shen, the vale was shrouded in a cloud of the deepest black. Summoned by Lei Shen in his final moments, the otherworldly storm blanketed the vale with rainfall and struck jagged spears of lightning into the hills.
- The blood of of the fallen was washed away by the storm and carried to Whitepetal Lake, turning the waters to a deep red. With it’s final breath, the storm struck the centre of the lake, igniting the very water itself. The lake burned with a crimson hue for many days.
- When the blaze subsided, a cloud serpent hatching could be seen flying around the centre of the lake. It’s scales sparked with storm and fire, and where it flew, great clouds of formed in the sky. My people named it Alani, the Stormborn.
- They say that Alani can only see the flash of the greatest lightning, and may only hear the echo of the greatest thunder. Should you wish to get her attention, you will need to harness the very essence of the sky that spawned her.
Although as of mid-June there have been no quests clearly identified for or about Alani yet, her Level 90 son Milau is the target of in the Guo-Lai Halls, found in the northwestern parts of the Vale of Eternal Blossoms.
Patch changes Edit
- β Patch 5.0.1 (Beta): Added