Aeonus is voiced by Michael McConnohie.
- Sand Breath: 3,500-4,500 Arcane damage and -100% Haste in a cone in front of Aeonus.
- Time Stop: 2 second stun, 50 yard radius.
- Frenzy: Increased attack speed.
Aeonus's portal does not produce adds, and his arrival is signaled by a distinctive shout. All party members should avoid his angle of approach while resting to full health and mana, if combat permits. Provided that few mobs remain from the previous waves, Aeonus drains Medivh very slowly, and it is possible to recover from a wipe with ~50% shield left.
Positioning is not important in this fight as long as the tank is the sole person within the forward cone of the Sand Breath and aggro is held.
Aeonus stuns the party at irregular times and does not stop attacking. Keeping the tank near full health is your only concern. Healers with HOTs should refresh them frequently. While learning the fight, use your fastest spells. An off-healer and mana regeneration effects (e.g. Innervate) are strongly recommended.
- Warrior tanks should use Spell Reflection whenever possible. It, along with a Hunters' The Beast Within and a Rogues' Cloak of Shadows, grant immunity to Time Stop.
- PvP trinkets remove the stun effect of Time Stop.
- Hunters can remove Frenzy with Tranquilizing Shot.
- As of Patch 2.0.12, the Chrono-beacons are not viable; Aeonus destroys summoned dragons with an AoE dispel.
- The time has come to shatter this clockwork universe forever! Let us no longer be slaves of the hourglass! I warn you: those who do not embrace the greater path shall become victims of its passing! (It is worth noting that this quote was partially stolen from Medivh...)
- Let us see what fate lays in store...
Despawn Time Keeper:
- Your time is up, slave of the past!
Killing a player:
- No one can stop us! No one!
- One less obstacle in our way!
- We will triumph.. It is only a matter...of time.