→ WoW API
|This function is PROTECTED, and can only be called from Blizzard code.
Use an item from a container. If Merchant window is open, this will sell the item. Triggered when an item is Right Clicked.
UseContainerItem(bagId, slot [, onSelf])
- (bagId, slot [, onSelf])
- Integer - The bag id, where the item to use is located
- Integer - The slot in the bag, where the item to use is located
- Boolean - Optional parameter, if the item should be used on yourself (default: false).
UseContainerItem(1, 16, 1)
- Uses the item located in the 16th slot in your 1st bag (not backpack) on yourself.
- For instance if it's a bandage, this will bandage yourself.
- Slots in the bags are listed from left to right, top to bottom.
- A 16 slot bag has the following slot numbers:
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16
- An 18 slot bag has the following slot numbers:
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18
This function is protected except for the following:
- When the (Guild) Bank is open: Move the item to/from the (Guild) Bank.
- When the Merchant frame is open: Sell the item.
- When the Mail frame is open and on the "Send Mail" tab: Add the item to the attachments.
- When the item is equippable: Equip the item.
- When the slot is empty: Do nothing.
- When the item is a locked Lockbox: Show an error message that says it's locked.
- When the item is a container (Clam Shell, Unlocked Lockbox, etc.): Open the Loot frame and show the contents.
- When the item is a book: Open the book's Gossip frame for reading.
- When the item is not a usable item: Do nothing.
- When the item starts a quest: Open the quest Gossip frame for reading.
- When the Trade frame is open: Add the item to the list of items to be traded. (I have not confirmed this)
- When the Auctions tab is open: Add item for auction pricing and submission.