→ WoW API
Determine the reaction of the specified unit to the other specified unit.
reaction = UnitReaction("unit", "otherUnit");
- Number - the level of the reaction of unit towards otherUnit - this is a number between 1 and 7. If the reaction is unknown then nil is returned.
- Exceptionally hostile
- Very Hostile
- Very Friendly
- Exceptionally friendly
- If the second unit is neither you nor your pet, and/or the first unit is a player, player's pet, or factionless NPC, the output will always be 2 for enemy, 4 for neutral or 5 for friendly.
- If the first unit is an NPC whose faction you have a reputation with, reaction to you and your pet is based on that reputation (1 Hated, 2 Hostile, 3 Unfriendly, 4 Neutral, 5 Friendly, 6 Honored, 7 Revered, 8 Exalted).
- When you're Horde, the reaction of Alliance NPCs to you and your pet is 1. The same is true of Horde NPCs if you're Alliance.
- This doesn't change when a mob becomes aggressive towards a player. I ad to use the negative result of API UnitIsFriend.
- Does not work across continents (or zones?)! If you query UnitReaction for a raid (or party)-member across continents, it will return nil. I think it only returns correct values for units that are in 'inspect-range'.
- In Blizzard Code, UnitReaction is only used between the player and a Non Player Controlled target.