Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Changes the texture of a texture object.
texture:SetTexture("filename"[, tile]); texture:SetTexture(r, g, b[, a]);
- String - Name of the texture image. Images may be in BLP or TGA format, and must have power-of-two dimensions up to 1024 pixels. TGA images may have 8, 24, or 32 bits per pixel for grayscale, RGB, and RGBA images respectively; RLE is supported.
- Boolean flag - Tile the image if the coordinates set using Texture:SetTexCoord exceed the 0.0-1.0 range.
r, g, b, a
- Number (0.0 to 1.0) - Red component.
- Number (0.0 to 1.0) - Green component.
- Number (0.0 to 1.0) - Blue component.
- Number (0.0 to 1.0) - Alpha component (1.0 is opaque, 0.0 is transparent). The default value is 1.0.
Can be used to either set the texture file, or to change the RGB fill of a texture. Pass it one string to change the texture file, or pass it three numbers to set the RGB. The only place I've seen this used to change the color is within the inline script of a ColorSelect object.
- If no image is shown, the game will not find image files that did not exist when it was started, you may need to restart the game for the texture to appear.
- The texture has to be cleared or set to solid colour, or anyway changed away from the current file, before tiling can be changed. Hence the following code will fail: