Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Outputs text to a local MessageFrame, with optional color id.- Updated in 2.4.2
- (String text, Number red, Number green, Number blue, Number id, Boolean addToStart)
- The string message to output
- The intensity of the red component. A number between 0.0 and 1.0
- The intensity of the green component. A number between 0.0 and 1.0
- The intensity of the blue component. A number between 0.0 and 1.0
- A number that classifies the line of text, for later changing the color
- Boolean - Set to true to add the message to the start of the MessageFrame as if it was the first printed message - New in 2.4.2.
DEFAULT_CHAT_FRAME:AddMessage("Testing", 1.0, 0.0, 0.0);
Outputs "Testing" on a single line in your default chat window -- in red.
DEFAULT_CHAT_GLOBAL:AddMessage("AddOn Loaded!", 0.0, 1.0, 0.0, nil, true);
Outputs "AddOn Loaded!" at the start of your default chat window -- in green.
It is also possible to control the text of parts of lines in the MessageFrame with escape sequences in text.
|cAARRGGBB colored text
|cFFFF0000This Will Be In Red
|cAARRGGBB colored text |r uncolored text
|cFF00FF00In Green|rDefault Color