Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
→ WoW API
Request the loading of an On-Demand AddOn.
loaded, reason = LoadAddOn(index or "name")
- (index or "name")
- Integer - The index of the AddOn in the user's AddOn list. Note that you cannot access Blizzard-provided AddOns through this mechanism.
- String - The name of the AddOn to be queried. You can access Blizzard-provided AddOns through this mechanism.
- loaded, reason
- Flag - Indicates if the AddOn was loaded, 1 if it is, nil if it is not.
- String - The reason why the AddOn cannot be loaded. This is nil if the addon was loaded, otherwise it contains a code indicating the reason.
local loaded, reason = LoadAddOn("MyOtherAddOn") if not loaded then if reason == "DISABLED" then -- do stuff elseif reason == "MISSING" then -- do other stuff elseif reason == "CORRUPT" then -- do something else elseif reason == "INTERFACE_VERSION" then -- do something different end else -- do something special end
- Prior to the 1.8 patch, this could be used to load addons which were not on-demand if they were disabled at start up and then enabled during the play session. The 1.8 patch restricted this to ONLY addons which are truly marked on demand in their .toc files (## LoadOnDemand: 1).
(taken from FrameXML\GlobalStrings.lua)
(they are all prefixed with "ADDON_", use getglobal("ADDON_"..reason) for localizing)
- "Banned"; -- Addon is banned by the client.
- "Corrupt"; -- The addon's file(s) are corrupt.
- "Dependency banned"; -- Addon's dependency is banned by the client.
- "Dependency corrupt"; -- The addon's dependency cannot load because its file(s) are corrupt.
- "Dependency disabled"; -- The addon cannot load without its dependency enabled.
- "Dependency incompatible"; -- The addon cannot load if its dependency cannot load.
- "Dependency missing"; -- The addon's dependency is physically not there.
- "Dependency not loadable on demand"; -- The addon's dependency must be loadable on demand too.
- "Disabled"; -- Addon is disabled on the character select screen.
- "Incompatible"; -- The addon is too old.
- "Missing"; -- The addon is physically not there.
- "Not loadable on demand"; -- As of 1.8 only addons marked as LoadOnDemand can be loaded via this function.
- -- Unknown, presumably the interface version in the .toc file is incorrect