Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The global array ITEM_QUALITY_COLORS is a set of item quality colors, used to color the item name any place it appears.
Each ITEM_QUALITY_COLORS element returns a table with the same values as API GetItemQualityColor. The keys and values of this table are:
- r (number) - red component of the color (0 to 1, inclusive).
- g (number) - green component of the color (0 to 1, inclusive).
- b (number) - blue component of the color (0 to 1, inclusive).
- hex (string) - a full WoW text color hex string, like 'c|ffcc00ff'. See UI escape sequence
- 0 - Poor
- 1 - Common
- 2 - Uncommon
- 3 - Rare
- 4 - Epic
- 5 - Legendary
- 6 - Artifact
- 7 - Heirloom
- 8 - WoW Token
You can refer to them using ITEM_QUALITY_COLORS[n], where 'n' is the quality number. The "description" of the item is given using the constant ITEM_QUALITYX_DESC, where 'X' is the quality number, which will be localized. The NUM_ITEM_QUALITIES global variable holds the count of ITEM_QUALITY_COLORS.
- Patch 3.0.2 introduced quality 7 (Heirloom), but neither
ITEM_QUALITY_COLORSexist as of Patch 3.0.3.
- In Patch 3.1.1 it seems
ITEM_QUALITY7_DESCis defined as "Heirloom," however
ITEM_QUALITY_COLORSstill does not exist, however
GetItemQualityColor(7)does return the correct colors.
- As of Patch 5.3.0,
NUM_ITEM_QUALITIESboth go to 7.
- Patch 6.1.2 added quality 8 aqua cyan for WoW Token.
- As of Patch 7.0.3, purportedly the Heirloom color for
ITEM_QUALITY_COLORShas changed from Heirloom
#e6cc80; the leading
ffis probably for alpha) to Heirloom
#00ccff). As of current released trial version Patch 6.2.4 on this 2nd day of July, 2016, the value is still
ffe6cc80. The color change can be also seen at
BAG_ITEM_QUALITY_COLORS, but also doesn't show up in-game as of Patch 7.0.3hotfix15.