→ WoW API
Get information regarding a world PvP zone (e.g. Wintergrasp or Tol Barad).
pvpID, localizedName, isActive, canQueue, startTime, canEnter = GetWorldPVPAreaInfo(index)
- Number - the zone's index, from 1 to GetNumWorldPVPAreas()
- pvpID, localizedName, isActive, canQueue, startTime, canEnter
- Number - ID number of the zone assigned by Blizzard. (see "Details" below)
- String - the zone's name, in the current locale (e.g. Wintergrasp or Tol Barad)
- Boolean - whether a battle is currently taking place in the zone
- Boolean - whether players can currently queue for the next or current battle
- Number - time until the next battle starts, in seconds
- Boolean - whether the player meets the necessary requirements to participate in the zone's battle
local _, localizedName, _, canQueue, startTime, canEnter = GetWorldPVPAreaInfo(2) if isActive then if canEnter and canQueue then print("Get over to " .. name .. ", quick!") else print("They're fighting over in " .. name .. ". Don't you wish you could join in?") end else print("Cool your jets, " .. name .. " doesn't start for another " .. SecondsToTime(start) .. ".") end
-- if the battle hasn't started yet "Cool your jets, Tol Barad doesn't start for another 12:34."
-- if the battle is active and the player can join it "Get over to Tol Barad, quick!"
-- if the battle is active but the player cannot join "They're fighting over in Tol Barad. Don't you with you could join in?"
- The "startTime" is always greater than 0. Once a battle begins, the "startTime" will be the number of seconds until the NEXT battle begins.
- The return value pvpID does not equal the passed value of "index". There are currently (09FEB2011) only two zones -
- Index #1 = Wintergrasp with pvpID = 1
- Index #2 = Tol Barad with pvpID = 2