Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
→ WoW API
- This function is implemented by FrameXML in [ http://wowprogramming.com/utils/xmlbrowser/live/FrameXML/LocaleProperties.lua FrameXML/LocaleProperties.lua].
strResult = GetText(sIdentifier, nNumber, ordinal);
GetText is used to localize some game text like PvP-ranks or spell text.
- String - Identifier for the text to localize i.e.: PVP_RANK_5_1
- Number - Number that is used in the text (for format-strings), can be nil. GetText does not seem to use this.
- String - The localized text corresponding to sIdentifier, an empty string if the global variable corresponding to sIdentifier exists, but is not a string, or nil if sIdentifier doesn't exist.
- This is used for all the PvP-ranks titles that are displayed above characters (and some other stuff). So if you i.e. replace this with a function, that always returns "stupid", all players with PvP-ranks will run around with a name tag like "stupid xyz". This is used rarely and I am not sure what kind of ID-keys you can used.
- This function appears to do the same thing as getglobal except that it only returns string values.
local var1 = getglobal("ChatFrame1") -- var1 is a reference to <frame> ChatFrame1.
local var2 = GetText("ChatFrame1") -- var2 is an empty string (<string> "").
local var3 = getglobal("YES") -- var3 is <string> "Yes" (on enUS clients).
local var4 = GetText("YES") -- var4 is <string> "Yes" (on enUS clients).