Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
→ WoW API
Returns the index of the player's current specialization.
local currentSpec = GetSpecialization( [ isInspect [, isPet] [, specGroup] ] )
- Boolean - if true, return information for the inspected player
- Boolean - if true, return information for the player's pet.
- Number - The index of a given specialization/talent/glyph group (1 for primary / 2 for secondary).
- Number - index of the current specialization (ascending from 1), or nil if no specialization is currently learned.
The following snippet prints the name of the player's current specialization if you have one selected.
local currentSpec = GetSpecialization() local currentSpecName = currentSpec and select(2, GetSpecializationInfo(currentSpec)) or "None" print("Your current spec:", currentSpecName)
- Despite the argument names, this function does not appear to return valid values for inspected targets; FrameXML uses GetInspectSpecialization("unit") to retrieve a specialization ID instead.